is it ok to eat noodles during pregnancy?

naze

well, I read an article somewhere that said.. if pregnant women in japan can eat sashimi, why can't pregnant women elsewhere eat it too?

technically, the main concern with sashimi in pregancy is bacteria, parasites and food poisoning. sucks when you can't really take medicine for the vomitting, stomachache etc. also raw tuna might hv excessive mercury in it, so might not be good for the baby if u take a lot of it.

and i guess, you'll probably get fresher sashimi in japan, and the chefs there know how to handle it better and are more hygienic, so may be safer for women in japan, compared to some sushi train here in sg.
Thanks for the info Cluelessmummy :Dancing_tongue:

Guys... thanks for all your info...

OMG, since i knew i am pregnant, i had consume instant noodle everytime i feel craving... (fast way mah, so lazy to go out and buy food).

naze

Guys... thanks for all your info...

OMG, since i knew i am pregnant, i had consume instant noodle everytime i feel craving... (fast way mah, so lazy to go out and buy food).
Me was craving for tom yam magi mee during my 1st trimester because of the salty soup increase my appetite...

Last edited:

JJ2011

yes.yes...
agre wat tiziana say..
tink should not be a problem..
but heard cannot eat too much those yellow noodles leh...
u know those hokkien mee type??
I love yellow noodle very much, bt is not good for pregnant woman bcs it will bloated.. (i cant rem i heard from doc or senior)

panpan

wha... i eat noodles like everyday?? (but not every meals..) =X

I love udon, ramen, yellow noodles.. etc.. but so far, all's good with the pregnancy though.

I guess ppls are concerned about what ingrediants are put into the noodles when they are being made. honestly.. organic and natural is the best way to go... but not very convenient and ex ah.. heh

pearl87

Hi! It's okay to eat noodles just as long as you eat in moderation. Noodles do not offer complete amount of nutrients you need so I highly encourage you to eat just nutritious foods only. :)

rafa

Hi Mummys, Just came across this survey done by a young group of polytechnic students that i believe would help us, mothers, understand parenthood better. Would be great if you can help to give your input and spread to others as well as I am sure this would help to benefit us all. Have a nice day.

https://sixplusone.typeform.com/to/ds5XX5