Is it possible to have enough breastmilk for triplets?

triplejoy

Do you know if any mother is able to produce enough breastmilk for 3 babies?
My milk supply is about 160 to 200ml (express every 3 to 5hrs) but it is not enough for my 3.5 month old triplets, who are drinking 130ml each per feed.

Is it impossible to achieve such a high supply?

triplejoy

ast0212 and whomovedmycheese,
Thanks for the posting the article and your positive replies. Gives me confidence and I'll try to work hard on it. If I can achieve the supply to feed all the triplets fully on breastmilk, I'll make a annoucement here !
^_^

whomovedmycheese

Thanks for the posting the article and your positive replies. Gives me confidence and I'll try to work hard on it. If I can achieve the supply to feed all the triplets fully on breastmilk, I'll make a annoucement here !
^_^
Welcome.. O.. the key is demand=supply. Though I don't have twins or triplets, I am able to achieve that. Rather oversupply for me. That's why I said it's possible.

ast0212

^_^
No worries! Wishing you all the best and lots of milk :D Hope to hear some updates here!

PinkDiamonds

I believe with some persistance you will be able to provide enough for all your triplets.

I successfully breastfeed both of my twins.

Remember that whatever u pump out, is not indicative of your real amount, as babies suck milk better than the pump!

Sidni

3 babies are alot why dont' you try a supplement, I used lactaboost and it
really helped, can't remember the web address, check google...

Bebe Nana

U R Owesome! 3 babies not easy..
It is possible drink lots of water, fish soups, pump more frequent supply = demand, and plenty of sleep.. Jia You!

Sample50kb.jpg

Fanugreek and other supplement can help too.

agnetha

i am still breast feeding my 16mth old gal. i take fenugreek pills which can be bought at gnc or drink fenugreek tea which leaves can only be found in mustafa shopping mall. you should see a diff in a day or two.

Anne013

That's true just maintain your vitamins and drink any soup, so that will supply many milk and can fit your baby,

HappyMummy99

Hi triplejoy, although I have pumped for eight months for one baby only because I have encountered difficulties getting my baby to latch on properly but I was advised that our body is an amazing machine. If there is demand, there will be supply. Hope it works for you too! :) Take care!