Is it true that Jie Jies gets jealous more easily than Kor Kors?

diymummy

Just wondering coz I notice a pattern among some of my friends....

Their first is girl and when the younger sibling was given birth to, they were very fussy and jealous and will bully the younger sibling or try hard to get attention from parents.

So far I've not heard of this problem where the firstborn was a boy... Any mummies here experience this situation? As in, firstborn is boy and will get jealous when younger sibling is born?

How old is the age gap between the elder and younger?

I'm planning for my 2nd one... My firstborn is boy.

Ting

i dunno how true but when my cousin gv birth to her 2nd DD, her 1st DD got jealous. esp the first 3 years when everyone paid more attention to the #2.
when taking pics, she will purposely block her, or push or trip her.
but now ok alr. :)

diymummy

Yeah.. I heard a lot of stories abt the Jie Jie do this type of things. But I never heard of Kor Kor do this type of things.... Haha.. So wondering if generally Kor Kor is ok with a younger sibling around...

Know that most kids will grow out of this jealousy things eventually...

My friends who're experiencing this with their older girls feel very tired. There was this girl she went to poke the di di's eyes when mummy wasn't looking... Haiz...

apollo

i think adults play a impt part too...

cos no matter how the parents wanna be fair to both kids, relatives will tend to pay more attention to the youngest one... thus the #1 will tend to be jealous?

woofy55

i think also depends on character ba.. maybe jie jie will be more jealous of mei mei then didi...

i also fan now... cos next time my mil will be taking care of my boy and my hubby's sis's 4yr old girl...who has been a princess in the family all along.. duno next time whether will be able to adapt if attention is more on ah boy. :p

diymummy

I heard that a big age gap like 4 yrs is still not so bad as they can understand some form of reasoning...

But I don't intend to wait 4 yrs before having my second. LOL...

Hopefully in your case, your sil's daughter will be a guai guai girl

Catty

I think for boy, they will tend to bully or fight with their siblings when they grow older maybe about 3 - 4yrs old..

All my 3 gals got no problem and like each other a lot.. :001_302:

sherri

i don't agree that jie jie gets more jealous easily... my girl is get along veri well with her didi... in fact, she even protect him when i scold him.. she even sayang her didi when i sprank his bottom...

autumn82

Just wondering coz I notice a pattern among some of my friends....

Their first is girl and when the younger sibling was given birth to, they were very fussy and jealous and will bully the younger sibling or try hard to get attention from parents.

So far I've not heard of this problem where the firstborn was a boy... Any mummies here experience this situation? As in, firstborn is boy and will get jealous when younger sibling is born?

How old is the age gap between the elder and younger?

I'm planning for my 2nd one... My firstborn is boy.
:err::err::err: Frankly speaking, I feel that it's how you break the news to them, inform them that they're gonna have a sibling who loves them and can't wait to play with them. Get them involved when it comes to buying baby stuffs, when you go for gynae scans and all, bring them along, show them. Get them to talk to their sibling when in the tummy daily.. :)

For mine, Belle is 4years older than Iggy. I did all those stuffs when I conceived Iggy, talk to her and all.. She didn't fuss/jealous over her lil' bro. In fact, she was expecting him! Once he was out, she didn't even wanna go back wanna help me look after her lil' bro in hospital! :p Until today, she's like a little mummy to Iggy. "Iggy, no no, dont't climb so high~~ dangerous!!" :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

BbpHir3

i saw how protective Belle was with Iggy~~ keep watching out for him.. lol!!

i have a step-dd who's 4 year diff with my gal oso.. she ain't exactly jealous.. she'll play with her n stuff.. but once the attention is all on her sis, she'll SHOUT (sometimes) for us to pay attention to her n even tell us to "let mei mei play by herself, u muz play with me!! dun disturb mei mei.." *faint*

now i'm expecting a boy.. n my gal will only 11months old when he's out.. i'm abit worry bout sibling rivalry.. but since their age gap is soooo close.. i'm crossing my fingers now~~

apollo

i saw how protective Belle was with Iggy~~ keep watching out for him.. lol!!

i have a step-dear daughter who's 4 year diff with my gal also.. she ain't exactly jealous.. she'll play with her and stuff.. but once the attention is all on her sis, she'll SHOUT (sometimes) for us to pay attention to her and even tell us to "let mei mei play by herself, you must play with me!! dont disturb mei mei.." *faint*

now i'm expecting a boy.. and my gal will only 11months old when he's out.. i'm abit worry bout sibling rivalry.. but since their age gap is soooo close.. i'm crossing my fingers now~~
at least ur step daughter will voice out her 'unhappiness' cos not all kids will do tt, some will keep in thier heart which is not good..

i think for ur dd, it's quite diffi to 'explain' to her.. maybe use actions to proof that ur still love her? :001_302:

BbpHir3

wonders how to explain to a 11month old~~ hahahahahaha!!!! imagine me talking all those reasons to dd~~ lol!!!!!!!!

i'm juz hoping i dun haf to cut myself in half to entertain both.. esp the first few days/ months!!

apollo

wonders how to explain to a 11month old~~ hahahahahaha!!!! imagine me talking all those reasons to dear daughter~~ lol!!!!!!!!

i'm just hoping i dont have to cut myself in half to entertain both.. esp the first few days/ months!!
HAHA!!! talking reasons?? LOL! my ex-colleague dd and ds age gap also ard 1yr or 1yr+... but both of both love each other even till nw one of them is 17 another is 18 alrdy... my ex-colleague bought a gift for her #1 and brought it to the hospital when she is going to deliver.. aft she delivered her #2, #1 went to visit and she passed the gift to #1 telling her that it's from didi... didi loves her so she must also love didi... but i dont know if this will work on ur dd anot cos she is only 11mth old...

adoncia

my ger protects her didi a lot too. she will sayang him and look for him once she wakes up if she don't see him on my bed. she will take photo of her didi too. and loves to kiss her didi. ask her to kiss me, she don't want. went to kiss didi. she often want to hug and carry didi too. she let didi sleep on her leg but not us (daddy and mummy). ppl want to carry didi away, cannot. she's very scare that ppl will bring her didi away and bring back to her. their age gap is around 21 months.

is her ah ma who thinks that she is jealous... and always say my ger is jealous in front of her. haiz...

BbpHir3

HAHA!!! talking reasons?? LOL! my ex-colleague dear daughter and dear son age gap also around 1yr or 1yr+... but both of both love each other even till now one of them is 17 another is 18 alrdy... my ex-colleague bought a gift for her #1 and brought it to the hospital when she is going to deliver.. after she delivered her #2, #1 went to visit and she passed the gift to #1 telling her that it's from didi... didi loves her so she must also love didi... but i dont know if this will work on your dear daughter anot cos she is only 11mth old...
i heard bout this method also~~ prob is i dont think she understands the words "present" and "love" yet bax..
worst is she'll look for me to sleep.. so i'm quite worried of not being with her at night when i go deliver~~

Ting

hmmm by the time i have my #2, pin would 6-7 yo .. so shld be ok horr? :)
cos now all attention is on pin..she is being doted like mad.
if now i hv a #2, i think she will go bonkers!