Is it weird to wear a dress to a theme park?

Possibly a no brainer question, but we're split on this around here.

DH and I are tentatively planning a trip to a theme park in June. JUNE. I hate the idea of doing it in summer but the rest of the family is on board. It'll be about 95 degrees while we're there. If we do end up doing this, I'd rather pack a few knee length sun dresses and supportive sandals to go with rather than shorts or pants. Friends are horrified that I'd wear dresses to go on rides. Not that it hasn't been done since at least 1955, but still. And I don't ride anything that goes upside down.

So, in your opinion, is this a really bad idea or should I go for it?

LaurenWiggs

Well, I’d say wear whatever you’re comfortable with wearing for sure! If there’s one golden rule about theme parks, it’s to shoot for comfort above all else. With that said, a dress would absolutely NOT be comfortable to *me*, for a multitude of reasons—I would hate my legs getting sweaty and my thighs touching, I would worry about getting in and out of rides (where you often lift your legs to step up, over and into), and I wouldn’t want a dress sticking to me after water rides. However, if none of that applies to you, then go for it

olivi1980

Personally, I don't think it's weird at all to wear a dress to a theme park, especially in hot weather. Comfort is key, right? If you feel good and confident in your knee-length sun dresses and supportive sandals, then go for it. Don't worry about what your friends say, people have been wearing dresses to the best roller coaster parks in the us. Just make sure to avoid any rides that go upside down if that's not your thing.