Is my baby drinking too much?

star_star

My son is almost 8weeks old n he is alreadi drinking 150ml but doesnt seem to b enuf for him... 150ml every 3hrs but now starting to want milk less then 3hrs... he is about 60cm plus n 5kg plus... doc say he is the size of an average 3mnth old... i even tried giving him water to delay his feeding time but no use... any advice? worried that he will become obese...

smallsmallhand

oh don't worry, it's just a growth spurt. don't worry about him getting obese. my 15-week old son is like your son when he was 8-week old too. we gave him pacifier when he started to make noise about 2.5hrs and only gave him milk when it's 3hrs. also 150ml. now he's drinking 180ml every 4-5hour. he was 64cm and 7.1kg when he was 13 week old.

yup, I also use pacifier to my son when it is not the milk time yet. sometimes babies cry because of seeking sense of security. Pacifier can calm and sooth them.

star_star

thanks! was so worried i mite b overfeeding him... yes,i also use pacifier,sometimes when the environment is gd,he mite even skip a feed n sleep thru it... so m=now im quite sure tat he is growing n drinking well... thank u!!!

apollo

dont wry. every baby is diffe. somemore urs is drinking at 3hrs interval. mine used to drink 120-150 within 2 hrs. sometimes 1.5hrs.. as long as bb didnt vomit (as in merlion type), means u're not overfeeding. ds was a michelin but nw he started to slim slim eversince he started to walk. so dont wry =)