Is pacifier a must?

mum2fred

i regret to give DS pacifier..is a MUST for him now when he sleep..else he will get very cranky..

But he only need it for his nap and at night.

aby

Pacifier is not a must for bb.. But I gave it to my 2 out of convenient and to shut them up as they are so cranky and i have low tolerance for noise ma.. :frown:

Regretted but thank GOD, they wean off easily at 18mo.. Phew.. :Dancing_wub:

Carol

My Ds has a habit of sucking his fingers. It was until he fell sick then I thought of introducing him to pacifier. Too bad he doesnt want it, he'll pull the pacifier out and swing it around like a toy :001_302:

Coobabies

I had introduced to my boy since birth but he rejected. And now he is still doing fine. At your child's 10 mth, he must have alot of activities waiting for him to explore hence shorter nap rest I guess :tlaugh:

Bumbo

Not a must at all.. Dunno why older folks like to think that a paci works wonders. Just trun a deaf ear to these comments la.

Congrats on not introducing it in the first place!

Celina

I didnt want to intro him pacifier too, but he's a little cranky during confinement. ANd i can only sleep like wee hours, so gave it a try and tadaaa it works till now 5 mths. He stil wants it. I dun like the idea of him sucking his fingers n thumb so gona give. Beta choice dan THUMB right?

Angelmum

5yr old DD still on pacifier. A must .... cos let her sleep thru out the night. I tried wean off during nap but some changed of events ended up she's still glue to it.

stars

my dd v cranky, so gave her pacifier but she doesn't know hw to suck, hav to hold on for her but cry even more fierce

No I don't think so.
my CL gave me baby when my baby starts crying & I'm very unhappy with it.
I stop giving her aft she is 1 month old & luckily, she also did not cry for it.
she doesn't like it.

i tried giving it to her once cos she was crying non-stop.
she doesn't wanna suck it.
so til now, she doesn't tk the pacifier.

Of cos pacifier is not a must. I dun give pacifier to my girl during my confinement when i was at my parents' place, it was my mil who spoiled my no-pacifier plan:we2arghh: after i went back hm as my bb is too cranky and she said babies will "auto reject" pacifier at certain age which is what i've been waiting for till nw... :rolleyes:
"auto reject"?

i think once ur DD is ard 2 yrs old, can start weaning her off the pacifier.
I start weaning my son off pacifier aft he's 2.
cry for 2 days & he got used to it.

I don't give in.
so he has no choice.
either he continue crying.. or just sleep w/o it.

Pink daisy

I don't think so.
Mine nvr introduced and tried once n he spit it out far2
He oso nvr suck his thumb, but he puts everything in his mouth and chew these days

huiling

"auto reject"?

i think once ur DD is ard 2 yrs old, can start weaning her off the pacifier.
I start weaning my son off pacifier aft he's 2.
cry for 2 days & he got used to it.

I don't give in.
so he has no choice.
either he continue crying.. or just sleep w/o it.
for my dd i also stop e 2yr+ then she will cry for a few nite & asking for it.i'll jus say will buy e next day...end up she 4get about it.....
for my ds i didn't give him e all.jus let him hold his bean spourt pillow then he will slp....

myangela

My son is 10 months +. I did not give him pacifier since birth. He naps twice a day and each time abt one hour. Is it true that baby without pacifier sleeps lesser? :embarrassed:
I oni gave my dd when she cranky or have diffculties in getting to sleep.
At times gave her the water drinking bottle to suck to sleep........... :tlaugh:

adoncia

i only gives it to my bb when she wants to slpp but can't get to slpp.. usually i will just give her the teething toys to bite and suck all she want. :tlaugh:

I oni gave my dd when she cranky or have diffculties in getting to sleep.
At times gave her the water drinking bottle to suck to sleep........... :tlaugh:
i suppose when you give her the bottle to sucks, there is no water in it? if no, then is better not to give it her cause she will suck the air in and cause her tummy to be bloated with wind. ;)

xue

i suppose when you give her the bottle to sucks, there is no water in it? if no, then is better not to give it her cause she will suck the air in and cause her tummy to be bloated with wind. ;)
but hor.. wif water oso canot..coz the baby might choke..as the water might enter the lungs accidentally..

lynnsilhouette

my dd was very cranky when she is 1mth-2mths so no choice got to give her. bb spit out the pacifier because they dont know how to use it not because they dont want. u have to hold it there for them. so that they learn.
but only give the pacifier when there's a need-going to sleep/crying nonstop for no reason- if not it'll become a bad habit, some bb needa suck even when they are at the malls. its not a nice sight right?
all babies have the tendency to suck on something, its ok to give the pacifier cos it'll give them a sense of security when they are sucking.

myangela

i only gives it to my bb when she wants to slpp but can't get to slpp.. usually i will just give her the teething toys to bite and suck all she want. :tlaugh:

No, it's fill wz water. usually my dd started to make noise n when given the water bottle or pacifier she'll fall asleep in 10mins or less. Tt when i take it away fm her.