Is pacifier a must?

edna

My son is 10 months +. I did not give him pacifier since birth. He naps twice a day and each time abt one hour. Is it true that baby without pacifier sleeps lesser? :embarrassed:

mae

My son is 10 months +. I did not give him pacifier since birth. He naps twice a day and each time abt one hour. Is it true that baby without pacifier sleeps lesser? :embarrassed:
I don't believe so...my girl didn't knew what a pacifier is...coz i never intro it to her. she is now 4 yrs old. when she was young she sleeps a lot. she sleeps straight at night & takes 2-3 hours nap in the afternoon.

`julee

NONSENSE..
a pacifier is to shut the baby up. and if u din start it frm baby, then don even think about it. he's almost one oredi, he'll be fine.. and naps will b lesser. simply coz he's grown up not bcoz he doesnt hav a pacifier.

give urself a pat at the back, no pacifier is good!

LoVeS

agree wif julee is not a muz as it is juz to shut cranky babies up only. All along i didnt like the idea of pacifier but bo bian ds too cranky haf to gif him.

cendrine

I nvr use pacifier on my dd, Zann too. By giving this plastic device to shut young children is like blocking their communication means ie. crying. But, my dd has the habit of sucking thumb since then. How I wish the habit can go cos her thumb looks ugly now. :frown:

pinkieroxy

hey ure ds is at d growing stage nw sooo it means more play time! at tis stage they tends 2 sleep lesser lol so I dun feel u need tat cause he's oredi 10 mths rite. If u wish 2 gif him u should hv started when he was a bb...

jedamum

my boy is 8 mths and on pacifer.
he naps twice a day, also around 45min - 1 hour.
so i don't think it is the pacifier la...

pinkieroxy

I tried giving ma dd once when she was a bb but she throw it out so I've stop... but wif ma ds nw gg 3 mths I've 2 gif cause he's a heavy drinker n cranky sumtimes.... hmmm no choice:frown:

deardar

i gave my dd pacificer to pacify her
i gave her oni when she cries & gg to slp ..

i will try nt to gif her pacificer unneccessary

vion

Both my dds were given pacifier when they were bb.... Took it off them from 1 yr old onwards....

doristan

Of cos pacifier is not a must. I dun give pacifier to my girl during my confinement when i was at my parents' place, it was my mil who spoiled my no-pacifier plan:we2arghh: after i went back hm as my bb is too cranky and she said babies will "auto reject" pacifier at certain age which is what i've been waiting for till nw... :rolleyes:

bbJaeden

Ive tried to give mine during confinement but he spit it out..so till nw he dnt use pacifier...btw just curious wht is DS and DD stand for? i knw dd is for girl and vice versa...:shyxxx:

vion

Ive tried to give mine during confinement but he spit it out..so till nw he dnt use pacifier...btw just curious wht is DS and DD stand for? i knw dd is for girl and vice versa...:shyxxx:
DD = Dear/Darling Daughter
DS = Dear/Darling Son

huiling

my dd had a pacifier since bb,nw still taking when she wan to slp.i've given my ds bt he dun wan so till nw going 8mths,he didn't take pacifier e all.

Ting

i gave dd pacifier when she is abt 2 mths old..hwell, cos her mouth seems to be itching for sumting to suck so just try..now i give it to her when she makes noise or when she wanna slp..wanted NOT to gove her tt but..now started le..heh.

Ralia

Same, notti boy wana chew on sumthing... den everytym suck until his whole fist all his saliva.. So no choice lorz... den nw so habitual tat wheneva he wana fall asleep he will search for his pacifier nt us... sad... haha

CynCyn

I didn't wanted to introduce my DS to pacifier but when he was only a few weeks old he had colic and kept crying . No matter what we did or how we tried pacifying him it was useless . Until we had no choice and left us the last resort which is to give him the pacifier . Bt as time goes by it becomes a habit . And now without a pacifier , he will wail like there's no tomorrow .
It's a gd thing thou , that pacifier is not introduce . Won't have a hard time weaning off it . (n_n)

`julee

i gave dd pacifier when she is abt 2 mths old..hwell, cos her mouth seems to be itching for sumting to suck so just try..
my mouth oso itching to suck cigratte.. think shud start buying myself pacifier oso.........