Is Pineapple and cucumber cooling/liang food ?

Cheyenne

Hi Mummies,
I starting to feel miserable when I saw the CNY goodies on sales, esp my favourite pineapples tarts. Is it a cooling food ? Can't eat right ?

I've being 'stealing' 5 pcs each time from the container. Really find it hard to resist.

Also, is cucumber cooling ? I've being eating quite a bit of those served together with the Hainanese Chinese Rice (those with soya sauce).

What the limit ?

pkshl

i still eat cucumbers, either those in sushi or duck/chicken rice. abit is alrite. but i avoid pineapples, as what my mum said is very liang, not advisable to take.

CanCanMum

cucumber i did ate together with chicken rice/duck rice/satay...but mostly they serve only 4-5 pcs so still ok. Yummy with dark soya sauce and chilli !!!

pineapple raw is banned. During pregnancy i ate some pineapple tarts but i limit to 3-4 pcs only. Beta stay away from pineapple - but its cooked la those on tarts.

Cheyenne

Thanks pksl & can can mum.

At least I don't feel so bad. Yes, being telling myself to eat them in modertate. No choice lah... got to bear with it for a while. At least shift my attention to other goodies.

what about those made from peanuts?

I was reading somewhere that peanuts should be taken in moderation? or not to be taken at all?