Is plucking or shaving like on eyebrows allow during pregnancy?

Joeychen85

Hi, currently I'm in 4 month ++.. Is wondering is plucking , shaving is allow? As I pluck n shave my n my hubby's eyebrow myself.. And I currently also using my usual facial stuff regularly like face wash , toner , pimple cream and even using hair mask during bathing.. Is this all allow? Pls advice? Or I shld consult my gynae ? And I still having make up while outing .. Was worry is tis all allow..

miracle25

Hi, currently I'm in 4 month ++.. Is wondering is plucking , shaving is allow? As I pluck n shave my n my hubby's eyebrow myself.. And I currently also using my usual facial stuff regularly like face wash , toner , pimple cream and even using hair mask during bathing.. Is this all allow? Pls advice? Or I shld consult my gynae ? And I still having make up while outing .. Was worry is tis all allow..
Hi Joey,

I'm in my 26 weeks and I stil shave my eyebrow and any other body hair (e.g. armpit, leg), but noticed the speed of the growth of hairs have slowed down alot ever since I'm pregnant as compared to before.. I've got pimples on my back so I consulted my gynae if I can use the T3 Acne Bodywash and Oxy pimple cream (5 or 10), he said, so long as it doesn't have Vitamin A in it then I'm safe to use..

I still use my usual facial wash, moisturiser, toner and I still put on makeup to work.. I heard from my colleague (who is a mother of one), said she was told not to makeup cos afraid the baby will have patches on the face (or body, I can't remember)..

well, I think it is still safe to ask your gynae and for those myths that you may hear from your frens/ relatives, its realy up to u to believe or not.. :)

pixie

When I was expecting my baby, I shaved, use facial wash, go for my routine facial appointments (just NO massage) and paint my face.....LOL when I go to work. It's a plain myth to believe that make-up will form patches on newborn's face.

I am not a strong believer in old wives' tales and 'pantang' issues, try let not these no medical proven stuff to bother you or you will start to worry.

Be a happy mummy and you will have a happy baby. Take care! :)

Joeychen85

Thanks everyones advice.. Actually I dont believe in it too.. It jus happen that all pregnant lady who surround me , they have worst break out on their face. And wonder did they apply pimple cream or some thing .. But don't dare to ask. Lol . As Break out already make therm sad. O ya and I heard that actually if you use to have gd skin , but when you pregnant it will turn bad.. Currently my cousin's wife experience that. As she use to have very gd skin, but after she give birth to her lil girl.. Her skin turn quite bad.. No matter wat product she try doesn't help. Wonder is there any one hear or experience before? Is it true or just nice to happen. And actually I found that my belly has alot of hair , am I able to shavè or use the plucking shaver ? I found that the plucking shaver's quite loud . So if use it around belly area might not that gd..

pixie

Joey, do you mean fine hairline that appear from your tummy down to your bellybutton? I have that too when I was pregnant. The colour turned darker as the pregnancy goes on, just leave it and after you gave birth, it will eventually disapppear.

As for skin, when I went for my facial appointments, surprisingly the beautician told me that there's some 'glow' on my face and my face condition was actually better when I was pregnant. There are lots of changes in our hormones during pregnancy, so some women may experience skin outbreak and so called 'look ugly', but most of these symptoms do go away after our baby is born - it's individual.

Don't listen to negative comments be it from friends, colleagues or pregnant mummies. It is important to stay positive and happy throughout one's pregnancy and a mummy who is happy, the face will 'glow' and naturally will look pretty.

hi there

its alright to put on make up when pregnant.. my friend also put on make up when shes pregant and her baby also healthy and all.. no patches or what... but if you want to be on the safe side, then dont put on make up.

carolinaw

I use daily facial wash, moisturiser, toner and I also make up to work. I don't believe the old saying that some element in makeup or clear products will affect the baby any more now though I did deeply follow it at the beginning of my pregnancy. Hope you happy and healthy pregnancy.