Is sterilizer necessary for older babies?

striving

wondering if the use of sterilizer is necessary after 1 year old. Since most of the utensils are not suitable for sterilizing, eg spoon, cup. We have been using it since baby newborn, currently only using it for pacifier and small bowl.

apollo

can stop sterilising aft 6 mth old. but i'm still sterilising my 22mth old son's bottles. No particular reason, just used to it alrdy. =)

shopaholic

I dont sterilise the bowl/spoons but I use hot water to rinse them once before use. Now that my son is already 17mths old, I still continue to sterilise the bottles. Since I hv the steriliser, might as well use it! :p

Ting

i dont sterilize spoons and plates n stuff, but i do dip her milk bottles daily in hot water twice after 1 yo.

fattymumu

i was told no need to sterilize after 1 year.
but hubby said no harm sterilizing since it has become a habit and we have DS2 so can put all bottles together. :001_302:

ast0212

I never sterilised anything for my baby. He is a breastfed baby so any bottles I used required washing with warm soapy water.

If I did sterilise, I'd probably stop sterilising once he started putting things in his mouth.