Is this normal to have a job like this?

flyaway

I have been working overtime since I started this job since last year. I will need to work late at least once or twice a week, at least 2 weekend need to bring work home to do in a month. I have been so sick and tired of this job due to the never ending demand from direct and functional boss.

I started to lose focus on my children;. Had to work late into the weekend nights and started to lose temper on them cos I need to work and they want me to sleep with them:we3sad:.

I just cant control my temper due to the stress. I guess this job is causing me alot of stress and sleepless nights. Cant quit the job now cos waiting for 13th month and financially I still need the job cos hubby doesnt have fix income.

Will you mummies choose to leave this job after 13th month? Its near my home and though the job is demanding, there is alot of development opportunities. I am just thinking if I will have the sanity to continue this damn job after 13th month?

Is this normal to be in a job like this?

MamaDT

To me, I will find another job now which is less stressful by lowering my expectation abit, and tell the interviewer that ideally I want to work in a work life balance job. This is to ensure that the next job I get is almost to what I want. Also, if I am being offered before the 13th mth bonus, I will hop.. I won't wait... Coz to me, family is more important and there will always be another bonus next year. Of course, it depends on how u want to weigh the priority between u and career. If u r very career minded, then maybe u won't see the same way as I do.

I used to be very career minded, but my mindset has changed as I know I put family in priority. So I lowered my expectation and just work in a 9-5 job to ensure tt I get to have more family time =)

disheartening..

MAMADT: it's hard to find a 9am to 5pm job now even if I want. Sometimes u want work life balance but can't find a job like that. Sigh. Very disheartening.

MamaDT

CherryCherry: don't b dishearten... I read ur post in another thread. Actually jobs opening and jobseekers are everywhere, that's why employers get to choose the most suitable one that has skill and willing to take lower salary. I am unsure how much is considered as decent pay to you as everyone has own expectation of a pay level for certain job scope. My suggestion for u after reading your post in another thread is that since finance is a concern for u and u r not working now, I think just accept the job offered to you, try to negotiate abit more dollars, take up the job, at least u have monthly income and then find a better one next year. Don't stop looking while working :)

Keylene

I would wait for the 13th month, then leave. Because alr waited and tolerated for so long, might as well tolerate abit more for the 13th month? though I know it's stressful for you, and hard for you to balance work and family, but all will be worth it. Try letting your kids know that you are busy with work. Cause that's what my mum did. ><

find a new job before you hop. That's super important! :)

these are all my personal views~

ya still keep a lookout for a job more suitable than ur current one. work shd not be treated as die die thingy. more impt is ur family

oh my. hard situation you got there- because you know what your job means to you and to your family. but then again, family comes first (this is for me). Thus, if i find that my job is hindering me from being a good mother, not a word, i will leave. there are other jobs that will be more suitable for your demanding lifestyle, so just look around. Good luck!