Itchy Skin during and after pregnancy!!

nancy

My skin has been itching really bad these few days. Even my palms and soles of my feet itched too! My head and my face began to itch first and a few weeks, my whole body starts to itch. Even after a bath, I still itch. I have changed to a special body foam for sensitive skin and I still itch. Sometimes, I can scratch till bumps and lumps pop out from my skin!! If I dun scratch them, they will disappear.

I have similar but less serious problem during my pregnancy and now it came back again but worse!! Any one has such problem and how can I solve it?? I'm still breastfeeding and my friend suspecting that I may have hives. Am seeing the doc today.

nancy

My skin has been itching really bad these few days. Even my palms and soles of my feet itched too! My head and my face began to itch first and a few weeks, my whole body starts to itch. Even after a bath, I still itch. I have changed to a special body foam for sensitive skin and I still itch. Sometimes, I can scratch till bumps and lumps pop out from my skin!! If I dont scratch them, they will disappear.

I have similar but less serious problem during my pregnancy and now it came back again but worse!! Any one has such problem and how can I solve it?? I'm still breastfeeding and my friend suspecting that I may have hives. Am seeing the doc today.

i have been having hives for past 2 months.. realised another colleague also gana hives ever since she was pregnant till now.. anyone has such problem??? How to "cure" hives????

thepinkdot

just try to keep cool and don't scratch.. i applied brandy on itchy parts.. and it went away fast enough. the downside, you smell like a drunk.

angelwendy

Actually i also have itchy skin all over my body... hee... but still ok... is just that sometime tummy itch ( due to stretch mark...) Face itch... & also hands & legs... also don't knw y.... but after a while it will be ok...

bibiluvr

hmm... i was having rashes after my confinement..goodness.. was all over my legs n arms... went to see a doc, but couldn't take medicine coz was bfing... but i researched online, tried out so many things: applying baking soda ( but was so messy), calamine lotion (din really work) and all sorts.... finally bought pinetarsol to wash (it helps) and applied a cream which my mum got for me for hives from some chinese medical hall...lasted for almost a month... but somehow, skin is still sensitive after giving birth.. sometimes will get bites from dunno what.. n i'm the only one in the hse that got bitten??????

kyuden21

I have the same problem as you all. Ny whole body got rashes and can't stio scratching after birth. Went to see my gynae and she told me they were just pregnancy rash. Although the medicine he gave was safe for BF, I still did not BF. The rashes got worst after 1 have my 3rd day of post natal massage. The rashes attacked my chest.

During the 1st month of confinement, I applied chinese white rice wine to my whole body to kill bacteria. The preparation is like this, if you drink chicken essence, do not throw the empty botttle away. Wash it clean and pour the rice wine in it - 3/4 full. Warm the rice wine in the chicken essence bottle with hot water. (the same way to warm the milk using food heater)

Then, use the cotton pad and roll it around the tip of a disposal chopstick. Position it using a white thread (tied on). This is the applicator to apply the rice wine onto your body.

Thr rice wine must applied to your body as hot as possible. Once applied, wear long sleeves and long pants. These rashes cannot be in contact with wind. otherwise, i will become worst.

I did consult my gynae and he also give me some medication which he personally do not advise me to take. He knew that it was very "siong ' for the kidney but because my condition is too serious, i have to take. Aftre taking for 2 days, still no help. But i lose weight cos no appeitie.

During the 2nd & 3rd months of my maternity leave, I went to see a Chinese Sinseh (TCM). He prescribed with medication to drink 3 time dailys for twice a week to learn the toxics in my body. he said partly i ate too much of seafood and especially Rojak during my pregnancy. Partly also under TCM's terms, my kidney is functionally weaking so causes my body unable to release the toxics.

With the help of TCM & Rice Wine, the rashes soon disappeared. Took 3 months to clear.

One thing you must always remember, the rashes will beconme more itchy after you apply the rice wine. this is because the rice wine is killings the batercia. Please do not scratch to make it worst. They leave scarrs and this is true cos I have experienced it. My legs and tummy have dark colouration of scars. Very ugly especially on tummy. Luckily, recently I found a treat to reduce my tummy discolouration and reduce the appearance of stretchmark.
Now my tummy stretchmark has reduced, no more dark colouration.

My little girl is now 19mths. P.M me at chanelblossom_21@hotmail.com if you need more information on this.

Hopes this help! :Dancing_tongue:

peacefulgal

i remembered I had the worst skin problem during the last trimester of pregnancy. I had PUPPS! It's so bad that i had to go thru C-sect to cure it.

I apply heat rash snake powder and it only works for 5 mins. WEnt to see skin doctor, he advised me to apply sensitive moisturizer over the itchy and dry areas. At least it works for a longer time.

No matter how itchy your skin is, do not scratch. The skin doctor told me to lightly tap on the itchy areas to prevent bacteria from spreading via scratching. keep your skin dry and wear light cotton dresses to 'air' the skin often.

Natural bee propolis cream help all these problem...
It helps skin with moisturiIng effect And maintain skin elasticity.

However, we cant b lazy, must apply consciously... The day pregnant, start apply for best result....

sharonbaker

Hello everyone,

Nice to find this forum website. I found great information such as natural treatment and Chinese cream. Hope these tip may helpful for my sister....