Itchy Tummy

Beanie

I've been using Palmer Cocoa Stretch Mark Lotion since im 4mths pregnant. Didnt see any side effect till now, and further it stop my itchiness on my back and side of the body as well.

Think it all depends on individual. Some might be suitable, some might not.

yummy mummy

i used my good old trusted Nivea cream :tlaugh: and it did a great job during my pregnancy! very minimal itchiness and no stretch marks!
but of course, i had to diligently and religiously apply every day, sometimes many times a day :001_302: cos i was really determined not to be left with stretch marks!

i think your normal moisturizers would do just fine? worked for me! :tlaugh:
because some stretch mark creams can be costly, and if you are like me apply every now and then, you'll end up spending a bomb cos you're using up alot!
Palmers was like $30plus! :elvis:

polopolo

I started applying Palmer's cocoa butter cream since week 8 but after abt a month, my tummy started to itch... n its terrible... esp after i woke up.. i wud scratch non-stop.. n finaly rashes liao lor... den i use aloe gel i bought it from Herbalife long ago... it soothes a little but the rash is stil there..

Eventualy, i told my gynae, she recommended me a moisturizing cream 'Topicream' and it realy works!!! She commented that my skin is too dry le. Nw no more itch and rash.. yeah!!! tink the cream cun be bought over the shelf.... n i juz need to apply the cream b4 sleep...:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

JazN

I'm into 3rd trimester, sometimes i think bcos of the tummy being stretched & I'm feeling hot thus sometimes there are a bit of small itch on my stomach.

i used lotsssss of moisturizer during pregnancy

newbie2009

I'm into 3rd trimester, sometimes i think bcos of the tummy being stretched & I'm feeling hot thus sometimes there are a bit of small itch on my stomach.

i used lotsssss of moisturizer during pregnancy
Btw does moisturizer really work to ease the itch? or should we stick to using those stretch mark creams?

Ros0818

i'm using both Palmers cream & calamine lotion thruout my pregnancy... Cooling effect from calamine lotion allows me to slp...

newbie2009

Experiencing itchy tummy even though I used stretch mark creams. I tot that it's because tummy is expanding. I ended up applying more and more stretch mark cream! However, problem did not improve & I decided to switch brand. I had used Palmer's stretch mark cream and body shop coco butter but seems like i'm allergic to both after long period of applying from week 8 till week 26.

Currently using some aloevera gel instead and it worked well so far. Any mummies having this problem should try to change the type of cream used. Heard coco butter will cause itchy feeling after applying for a long period? Pls advice also what brand is good for stretch mark.
You can try to use the Shea body butter from Body shop. Its quite ok.

izanyzam

My collegue's wife lent me her doppler fetal monitor the other day.Was told that i could use water or oil as a lubricant..So i used Johnson's baby oil...The next day i got this itch at the area below my tummy where i tried to hear for my baby's heartbeat..I really regret for doing that coz not only was i not able to detect my baby's heartbeat (could be due to my thick stomach lining)...Now i end up with an itchy rash..!!! :eek:

recommending bee propolis cream...

1) elastic and vit e... prevent itch and prevent stretchmark... as it give good elasticity
2) lighten stretch mark if u have already... thumbs up...

I use it through the pregnancy.. good absorbence.. non sticky

Renzie

I was travelling and forgot to bring my stretch mark cream and hence end up using my moisturiser instead, however I find that my tummy still itches badly, hence I had to go out to buy a stretch mark cream. i guess a normal moisturiser is not moisturising enough for the skin. but that's for my case.

cathleen

Dear mummies,

I am selling Grandpa's Wonder Pine Tar Soap 90g . For those who need it , you can sms me @ 97277142. Thank you
Self- collect @ Taman Jurong / Lakeside
Postage avaible

cathleen

Dear mummies,

I am selling Grandpa's Wonder Pine Tar Soap 90g . For those who need it , you can sms me @ 97277142. Thank you
Self- collect @ Taman Jurong / Lakeside
Postage available