Items provided @ KKH for newborns

meowonline

Hi Mummies,

I'm a first-time mummy here. I'm a private patient and will be delivering at KKH.
Has anyone delivered there recently? Jus would like to find out if there would be any items provided at KKH for the newborn.

Is it the same for private and subsidized patient?

Thanks for ur input..

XenXuan

hi,i gave birth in KKH as Subsidized patient in 2009,gonna give birth soon in june again.. not sure if they have changed anything yet or how same will it be for private patients.. but juz gonna share what i rem they provided there.. these r the items they supply for u once ur baby is born n allow u to take home i think..

NewBorn Pampers(Pampers brand)
Wyeth S26 formula milk in ready to feed bottles when baby is hungry/u not breastfeeding yet
baby's clothes(we din take it home,juz left it on the bed as we bought a baby clothes set along)
Maternity Pads n disposable panties,cottons buds for ur usage

There is oso a goodie bag filled with samples/testers,pamplets n info from various sponsors.. which include diff brands of pampers/formula milk powder,some baby bath/shampoo,detergent,feeding bowl n mittens..

XenXuan

Mine is in mid June.. Will go for b2 most likely,the highest subsidized air con ward.. Juz as same as 2yrs back I chose.. I choose subsidized cuz after medisave deduct,only have to pay less than $500 in cash.. Can save for baby usage ^^ how much u paying for private patient?

kimyen

B2 still has aircon ???

My EDD is in Aug 2011 and i'm also under the Subsidized rates.

Mine is in mid June.. Will go for b2 most likely,the highest subsidized air con ward.. Juz as same as 2yrs back I chose.. I choose subsidized cuz after medisave deduct,only have to pay less than $500 in cash.. Can save for baby usage ^^ how much u paying for private patient?

meowonline

oh, is it possible to switch over to subsidized from private when we admit? how much will be difference?
am planning to take the A1 ward since this is my first time. need my hubby to stay with me for support.
if i'm not wrong, subsidized cannot opt for A1 ward rite?

v0nne

oh, is it possible to switch over to subsidized from private when we admit? how much will be difference?
am planning to take the A1 ward since this is my first time. need my hubby to stay with me for support.
if i'm not wrong, subsidized cannot opt for A1 ward rite?
Its possible for us to switch over to sub from private when we admit , cuz the nurses told me that , so long as we choose b2+ and below , it will be consider as sub already . the diff is the room and the person who is helping us to deliver , if its sub , it will be the midwife who help us deliver and on duty doc to help us stitch .

AwkwardBean

I'm giving birth in mid June 2011 too! Private, staying 4persons ward. Will theee toilets be squeezy? Anyway have you guys had the delivery suite tour?

XenXuan

Its possible for us to switch over to sub from private when we admit , cuz the nurses told me that , so long as we choose b2+ and below , it will be consider as sub already . the diff is the room and the person who is helping us to deliver , if its sub , it will be the midwife who help us deliver and on duty doc to help us stitch .
I had b2 air con 5bed ward 2yrs back.. Sub patient,was a midwife n doc on duty did the stitch.. The toilet seems ok to me,toilet n bathroom separately.. Din had the tour..i was told if opt for b1 ward onwards,u will become a private patient automatically..b2 is the highest for subsidized scheme.. Issit true if private patient,medisave won't be deducted as much?meaning we have to pay more in cash?

Crazy mom

If you go down to Kkh admission office, the nurse will show you all the plan according to whether you are a sub/ or private plus normal delivery or c-section plus which bed you choose. They are able to provide you the estimated total cost and breakdown into how much can deduct from medisave and how much is cash?

I remember is max is $2100 from medisave for both normal and c-section.

XenXuan

If you go down to Kkh admission office, the nurse will show you all the plan according to whether you are a sub/ or private plus normal delivery or c-section plus which bed you choose. They are able to provide you the estimated total cost and breakdown into how much can deduct from medisave and how much is cash?

I remember is max is $2100 from medisave for both normal and c-section.
Mine was deducted $2200 from medisave(dad's),normal delivery,paid in cash about $2xx for myself n $1xx for my baby(as i din have much medisave in my acct,baby's can only be deducted from mommy's medisave).. the office told me the about amount can be deducted per day in medisave but did not tell me about hw much i will need to pay in cash..only told me if its over medisave max deduction then will have to pay in cash the remaining amount..

pipilili

Is there any mummies who can advise what free items are provided by KKH???

Is there any difference b/w KKH-TPS and KKH Subsidised patients on what they receive?

plaingina

I delivered in Mar n stayed in b1 ward, under pte. They provided a mini grooming set, which include shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb n a face towel. There is oso a kKh diaper bag, which includes the freebies, like milk samples, coupons n magazines. Upon discharge, will be the leftovers of the baby's diapers ( they r using drypers) n pigeon wet wipes.

shiyi

I delivered in Mar n stayed in b1 ward, under pte. They provided a mini grooming set, which include shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb n a face towel. There is oso a kKh diaper bag, which includes the freebies, like milk samples, coupons n magazines. Upon discharge, will be the leftovers of the baby's diapers ( they r using drypers) n pigeon wet wipes.
on top of that they also gave maternity pads, disposible panties, and a cooling pad

AwkwardBean

I booked my room at KKH, staying in one person ward and it was quite expensive cause im in private. Need to pay $2080 in cash, and $2100 claimable by medisave. And due to my hubby and i not enough medisave, baby's fee have to pay by cash! :(