IUI or IVF subsidies

HI all

I am wondering if there is a thread on government subsidies on IUI or IVF subsidies...

Anyone has information?

thanks in advance.. :001_302:

lawla12

btw, if u dun understand, u can ask the nurse/gynae straight away....they will tell u the details........

for private, you can claim
1st time-cap at 6k
2nd time-cap at 5k
3rd time-cap at 4k

public hospital
1st time-cap at 7k
2nd time-cap at 6k
3rd time-cap at 5k

you can claim up to a max of 3times for IUI/IVF.....if you do 2 IUI, means you only left 1 more time to claim IUI or IVF....both are considered the same when it comes to subsidy....

i understand from my colleague tat some of the private gynae, u cant claim....she was seeing a gynae who open her own clinic, the nurse told her cannot claim........i'm not sure abt the reason, i tot its consider as private gynae????? not sure abt it.....its better to check out wif ur gynae/nurse....

PoOtz

Hi, correct me if i'm wrong, but i think IUI is not subsidised.

Extracted from the FAQ from the above Family & Community Devt website

"Why are the other Assisted Conception Procedures (ACPs) such as Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) not co-funded by the Government?

This is because ART treatments like IVF (with or without ICSI) and GIFT are generally more costly than ACPs such as IUI. Medisave can be used for both the ART treatments and other ACPs."

lawla12

Hi, correct me if i'm wrong, but i think IUI is not subsidised.

Extracted from the FAQ from the above Family & Community Devt website

"Why are the other Assisted Conception Procedures (ACPs) such as Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) not co-funded by the Government?

This is because ART treatments like IVF (with or without ICSI) and GIFT are generally more costly than ACPs such as IUI. Medisave can be used for both the ART treatments and other ACPs."

yes u can claim....i claimed twice for both my IUIs......i did my IUI in Raffles:001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302:

u can oso claim using ur hubby's medisave~

PoOtz

yes you can claim....i claimed twice for both my IUIs......i did my IUI in Raffles:001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302:

you can also claim using your hubby's medisave~
I think you're talking about paying your bills through Medisave (which essentially is still your money.) What I was referring to is a subsidy, i.e. the govt is giving you $$ to go for ART treatment, and for this scheme, only IVF qualifies.

Extract from the above site:-
"In addition to the Medisave measures, the government will help to make such ART treatment more affordable by co-funding the treatment costs. This will start on 17 Aug 2008 at the public hospitals and couples who qualify will receive 50% co-funding of up to $3,000 per treatment cycle, up to a maximum of three cycles."

So pple going IVF, it makes it $3K cheaper for up to 3 times, i.e. govt giving you up to $9K to got for IVF! :Dancing_tongue:

lawla12

I think you're talking about paying your bills through Medisave (which essentially is still your money.) What I was referring to is a subsidy, i.e. the govt is giving you $$ to go for ART treatment, and for this scheme, only IVF qualifies.

Extract from the above site:-
"In addition to the Medisave measures, the government will help to make such ART treatment more affordable by co-funding the treatment costs. This will start on 17 Aug 2008 at the public hospitals and couples who qualify will receive 50% co-funding of up to $3,000 per treatment cycle, up to a maximum of three cycles."

So pple going IVF, it makes it $3K cheaper for up to 3 times, i.e. govt giving you up to $9K to got for IVF! :Dancing_tongue:

Oooh.....i did ask the nurse too...cos medisave is OUR $$$ maaa, where got subsidy....she told me it works this way....the subsidy is the capping of the amt u can claim.....tats wad she told me.....

like for eg, for private hospital, 1st IUI can claim 6k.......so if ur bill is 10k, u can claim 6k (max) using ur medisave...the balance of 4k, u've to absorb......tats wad i'm being told.....

Dandelion

Hi, can someone briefly explain the difference between ACP (Assisted Conception Procedures) and ART (Assisted Reproduction Technology). Thanks.

Dandelion

Ok, this may sound silly but somehow you'll always find the answer after you've asked the question. For those ho are interested on the difference, you may click on the link below.

Family & Community Development @ eCitizen - Having Children

Briefly ART is a subset of ACP. IUI falls under the broad category of ACP while IVF is under ART. IUI is not co-funded by govt at all while IVF can be co-funded if carried out in public hospitals. However, both kinds of treatment can be claimed thru medisave. Hope that helps...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

lawla12

Ok, this may sound silly but somehow you'll always find the answer after you've asked the question. For those ho are interested on the difference, you may click on the link below.

Family & Community Development @ eCitizen - Having Children

Briefly ART is a subset of ACP. IUI falls under the broad category of ACP while IVF is under ART. IUI is not co-funded by govt at all while IVF can be co-funded if carried out in public hospitals. However, both kinds of treatment can be claimed thru medisave. Hope that helps...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

ooh...i gave the link on the 2nd post leeee......kekekekee~

me oso duno wad's the diff.....i tink its best to ask the nurse...they will definitely know wad we can claim etc....

PoOtz

Hi, sorry to bring this thread up again. It is true that only public hospital qualifies for the $3K govt subsidy for IVF? It's impt coz then it means I'll have to move to a public hospital as I've been with the Thomson Fertility Clinic? :(

lawla12

Hi, sorry to bring this thread up again. It is true that only public hospital qualifies for the $3K govt subsidy for IVF? It's impt coz then it means I'll have to move to a public hospital as I've been with the Thomson Fertility Clinic? :(
subsidy or use ur medisave to pay????

ermmm, y dun u call KK n check????

Logamy

Hi to all the IVF User :
I have done my IVF from thomson hospital, and also submit the CPF claim for 6K.
Thomson Hospital told me i have to pay the full amount first and claim later.
I have received the comfirmation withdrawal of CPF Savings From medisave Acct.
It been 18 months i'm still not receiving the money from any organization.
I hv checked with Thomson hospital the answer is "dont know".
I really dont know who to go to and who can help me.
Appreciate if anyone who know or been thru the issue can help me. Thanks

btw, if you dont understand, you can ask the nurse/gynae straight away....they will tell you the details........

for private, you can claim
1st time-cap at 6k
2nd time-cap at 5k
3rd time-cap at 4k

public hospital
1st time-cap at 7k
2nd time-cap at 6k
3rd time-cap at 5k

you can claim up to a max of 3times for IUI/IVF.....if you do 2 IUI, means you only left 1 more time to claim IUI or IVF....both are considered the same when it comes to subsidy....

i understand from my colleague that some of the private gynae, you cant claim....she was seeing a gynae who open her own clinic, the nurse told her cannot claim........i'm not sure about the reason, i thought its consider as private gynae????? not sure about it.....its better to check out with your gynae/nurse....

bibiongz

Hi celica, for private hospital (eg: Thomson Medical/Fertility Centre), you can use medisave for IVF or IUI:

1st time - max 6k
2nd time - max 5k
3rd time - max 4k

There will not be additional subsidies for provate hospitals other than the above. For govt hospitals such as KK, think there are additional subsidies/discounts around 2k (plus or minus).

Hope this helps!

bibiongz

Most welcome Celica!
My gynae is Dr L. C Cheng (full name Cheng Li Chang) from Thomson Medical Center, he has more than 25 years of experience and specializes in fertility issues. I've been with him for almost 3 years. With his help I manage to conceive twice (although 1st was ectopic and 2nd was miscarriage). He discovered the tubal problem that I have, so did my IVF with him, I'm lucky to succeed on my first try :)

I might be bias here coz I think he is my miracle worker :) He is very patient, knowledgeable and experienced. You can basically ask lots of questions and he will answer and not rush you. His charges has increased though, not sure how much for 1st consultation but think subsequent is $80-$100.

You can call and find out more if you want - 62536174

Good luck!