IUI or IVF subsidies

pcho

Most welcome Celica!
My gynae is Dr L. C Cheng (full name Cheng Li Chang) from Thomson Medical Center, he has more than 25 years of experience and specializes in fertility issues. I've been with him for almost 3 years. With his help I manage to conceive twice (although 1st was ectopic and 2nd was miscarriage). He discovered the tubal problem that I have, so did my IVF with him, I'm lucky to succeed on my first try :)

I might be bias here coz I think he is my miracle worker :) He is very patient, knowledgeable and experienced. You can basically ask lots of questions and he will answer and not rush you. His charges has increased though, not sure how much for 1st consultation but think subsequent is $80-$100.

You can call and find out more if you want - 62536174

Good luck!
Hi bibiongz,
I am also patients of Dr Cheng, apart from his medication in IVF cycle what did you do for success? any accupuncture, vitamins/ chinese herb?

hi. I am new here. I will like to find out on the IUI Subsidy. I went to the MSY website (it 's called MSF website now that there was some restructuring within the ministries) and i cant locate the IUI sub. I went to CPF site and nothing came up...

Does it mean that if i use my hus medisave and then i use my own medisave, i am entitle to 6 times claims?

celica

Anyone out there know...
I going do IUI tomorrow but I m having fever now.
don't know still can do anot.

just to share for private (not sure about public hospital), you can claim :
1st time-cap at 6k
2nd time-cap at 5k
3rd time-cap at 4k

When you do the IVF procedure, you have to pay in full cash/ credit card. After the IVF procedure and after the lab successfully claims from medisave the subsidy, the IVF center will either mail you the cheque for 6K or ask you to go down personally to collect the cheque.

poohy

glitterystar- lookg for u leh...can share how much cash you spent at pte? Any idea whats the diff between pte and public hosp?

glitterystar- lookg for you ...can share how much cash you spent at pte? Any idea whats the diff between pte and public hospital?
Hi poohy
sorry for the late reply. Have been crazy buzy at work.
Spent about $16k that includes Pre ivf check up for hus and I, hormone injections, consultation etc. Claimed $6k from medisave. So cash wise forked out $10k. Govt requires that all ivf patients must buy Assisted Reproductive Program insurance. My insurance from GE cost about $290. Your ivf center will give you the form during the ivf consultation.

Hope the info helps! Above is private gync. Not sure about public.

poohy

oh wow...$10k is a lot! u rs is the short or long protocol?
hope public hosp cheaper..i dun haf so much cash...=(

must buy the insurance? what does the insurance help or cover?

oh wow...$10k is a lot! u rs is the short or long protocol?
hope public hosp cheaper..i dun haf so much cash...=( must buy the insurance? what does the insurance help or cover?
Trust me I saved for a long long long long time for this treatment. Cut down on shopping, eating out, movies etc etc :(
The ARP insurance covers the risk of multiple pregnancies through IVF. Babies born as a result of the Assisted Reproductive Programme (ARP) have a greater chance of being hospitalised in a neonatal ward or ICU. Hence, as required by the Ministry of Health, all patients undergoing ARP treatment in Singapore must subscribe to the neonatal insurance.
Public or private hospital for IVF patients must buy this insurance.