IUI support 2011

DreamBB

Hi ladies,
I see that many of you are doing IUI with injections. My doc did not put me on any. I just did my blood test last fri and am booked in for a scan this fri (day 10). This is my first IUI procedure and I'm just wondering if my chances are lower since I'm not on any of these hormonal / fertility jabs?? :(
Hi Moonjellie,my doctor also did not put me on any for my IUI. I just did my Ist IUI today n now waiting... Fyi, how's ur result? Good luck to u !!

babymoo

My doc say nw test sure negative
Tts why next wk if I nv come menses he will do blood test to c if positive...
Hw come ur doc ask u test urself sia.., weird...
Lucky I jus need to wait till next wk...
2 wks wait is a torture !!!

Then its all up to your little egg & swimmers now! ;)
My doc didn't want to scan me leh. She just said to see her only when I test positive next week or when my menses come. But being itchy-fingered, I tested this morning. It was negative naturally but at least it shows that the trigger shot of Pregnyl has entirely exited my system. So if I get a positive reading later on, that will be a true positive! Being so optimistic here hor... hahaha... but that's the only way to get past this darned 2 week wait... >.<

Oooo.... Good luck Dreambb! How many mature follicles did u have today? I only had 1 so was wondering if those medicated cycles with multiple follicles stand a better chance.... That's the KS Singaporean talking I suppose. Lol...

Babymoo, well I suppose every doc has their own "style"! ;p I guess you'll know by next week too so lots of good luck to u too and just 1 more week to endure! Gambatte!

DreamBB

Oooo.... Good luck Dreambb! How many mature follicles did you have today? I only had 1 so was wondering if those medicated cycles with multiple follicles stand a better chance.... That's the KS Singaporean talking I suppose. Lol...

Babymoo, well I suppose every doc has their own "style"! ;p I guess you'll know by next week too so lots of good luck to you too and just 1 more week to endure! Gambatte!
I only had one in my left hand side, doctor said one is enough. I am wondering if fail for this cycle shall I ask doctor to give me medication to increase my chance to conceive. Haha.. As u , i will test by myself if positive will call for doctor appointment. If mensus come will call for IUI appointment again. Good Luck too!

babymoo

Moonjiejie... Ya diff doc hav their own style but no matter which style they use nvm as long as they succeed !!
Ehehhehehe.... Good luck to u too.... Waiting to hear good news from u n dream88...

Dream88... I have 2 eggs but only one manage to release oso so don b sad...Got one egg better than nothing..,

Let's wait tgt for the big day !!!!
Gd luck to all =)
Then one day we can meet up with our babies ... Cos is like soo cute all same age same mth... Haha

Urghhhhhhhh..... I just got pink tinged discharge!!! If its the dreaded "aunt", she's 4 days early!!!!! Am i out of the game?? :eek:10: :eek:10: :eek:10: :eek:10:

Angelaang

Hi Moonjellie,

Please go and see your gynae and tell them your discharge....just fyi, it happen to me too as my period come early and I thought is normal period but end up i having miscarriage.

Please do not wait and call your gynae today....

babymoo

Hi moonjiejie ,
Faster call ur gynae up... Do u have a nurse attached to u? Try checking with her if nt head down to hospital... My god... Praying hard for u...
And btw u count based on 30 days cycle or 28 days?

Angelaang: u sound scary !! Omg...

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your support ladies!! I'm not sure wat's going on now cuz there's no more pink discharge bt there's a bit of very light brown discharge... :confused:

Was scouring the Internet & it seems like it could possibly be implantation bleeding????

Babymoo, my cycle is usually about 27 - 28 days. But cuz I haven't even tested positive, I dunno if I shd be ringing up my doc abt this. Oso, it cld be my period on the way since I'm just 4 days away from it :(

Angelaang, thanks so much for your advice. I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage & I know what u mean... I had 1 of those really early miscarriages as well, but in dat case, I had tested positive & my period came the next day :( for this cycle, I haven't even tested positive so i dunno if it cld just be my darned aunt flo on the way.... Doc also gave my progesterone to support this pregnancy (if it indeed is one!) for this full 2 weeks so I suppose I just haf to wait it out & see >.<

sphyaw

Hi everyone! I am starting a natural iui this month too, waiting for AF to end and will be having a scan on 1st oct (day 10).
I did a so-iui last month but had to abandon because of too many follicles being stimulated and I was not prepared for Ivf injections mentally. So i decided to try a month or two of natural cycle before taking up the ivf if all fails. After decided to give up the so-iui, i did feel a sense of loss:tsad::tsad: thinking of how mny potential follicles wasted. But i cannot imagine myself giving birth to hexaplets or more!

baby dust to all!
:Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_shocked::Dancing_sorry::Dancing_jimlad::Dancing_biggrin:

babymoo

Moonjiejie is good to ring up to check with doc... Like me I have a nurse attached so any prob I can ring get up n check with her.. Eg tt time I was having headache in process of injections I check with her wat kind of medicine I could take... Even thOugh qns at times sounds stupid but it's oki... Jus ask... B safe Better... No harm asking... Jiayou !! ^^ ur 28 days ur end date is 26th... But for me if I count on 28 days my end date is 24th... If 30 day cycle is 26th... Hmmmmm..... Still waiting... But yest my Chinese doc just being a wet blanket cos she heard my hubby sperm weak on the day of procedure... Feeling so depressed sia...

Sphyaw: depends on who is having issue to c wat kind of treatment suits u best... It's shocking to hear cases whereby follicles r too much. Cos my doc will ask me to go back few days to check hw many eggs growing n hw many injections more I need to prevent over population of follicles.

serene78

Everything is very fast for me to digest... Went to see Dr Loh @ KKH yesterday... decided on IUI treatment this month... then do scan on my Day 8 (that is yesterday, 22 Sep), and found that my follicle has grown to 14.5mm. So do the ovulation test yesterday, and from now, have to do the test everyday, since there is a faint line seen already... A bit nervous now... cos the nurse says my lining is thin... so gan cheong, and go to Paragon EYS to do acupuncture - hoping to improve the lining. Today tested negative, but the faint line is darker, so tmr will test before going for the scan to check the follicle.

Mine is Clomid-IUI, and it's my first time trial with IUI, even though I have already taken Clomid for the 7th time already. Hoping things will go smoothly, and it will be successful...

How are you gals doing? I guess IUI chances are not as high, but there must be successful cases out there isn't it? If yes, please share, as reading positive and successful cases will bring us positive thoughts as well... With positive thoughts, hopes will come true!

viv

i've done 2 cycles of SO-IUI and stopped. Was supposed to go on my 3rd cycle but i decided not to. Since stopping in Jul, i'm ovulating much later in the 1st month that i've stopped (in August) and this month (Sept), i've not ovulated though my temperature has been going down and up. Does anyone face the same situation or have had similar situations?

babymoo

Viv: to my knowledge as it happens to me before where my temperature nt constant... One way is to c tcm to regulate back ur body cos body too weak... After 2 mths of tcm u will realize ur temperature will b in normal conditions already...

viv

Viv: to my knowledge as it happens to me before where my temperature not constant... One way is to c traditional chinese medicine to regulate back your body cos body too weak... After 2 mths of traditional chinese medicine you will realize your temperature will b in normal conditions already...
babymoo: Thanks! Am taking chinese medicine for the past month so hopefully things will return back to normal soon.

Hi sphyaw, I'm sorry to hear that your 1st so-iui cycle didn't work out for you. But 2nd time lucky perhaps? :) good luck to you & serene78! Hopefully both of your cycles will be successful this time!

Viv, i hope your body will right itself soon and take care!

Babymoo, I called my doc yesterday and she didn't say anything except to continue with my Utrogestan and see if my period comes by next week. Sigh.... Had a glob of bright red discharge y'day morning (sry if it's a bit too graphic) but nothing more til now. Kinda feel I'm "out" for this cycle already. But good luck to u & dreambb! Maybe u ladies will be luckier thn me :)

sphyaw

Viv, dun worry too much. your body will re-adjust back soon. For me, my AF came a day earlier than expected. I guess these injections will affect our natural cycles in a way or another.

I agree with you, babymoo, after reading on why some docs recommend ivf for older women as 1st treatment for unexplained fertility , to save time and money for the couple. I felt lousy for a few days after giving up the so-iui and i wondered if i should hv moved to ivf instead. never in my life i appreciate the importance of AF until I hv to deal with infertility.

Thanks, Moonjellie.
Hope to hear ur good news soon, Moonjellie n babymoo!
Jiayou! serene78!