IVF/ 2WW Support Group - 2011

snow1

Hi all,

Thought of starting a new thread for IVF /2WW support group 2011.

Anyone doing IVF for this year or intend to do? Anyone in 2ww?
I wish baby dust to all.

snow:001_302:

shijiaxin

my hubby and i got the intension to go as my tubes are not good and keep having ecoptic pregnancy...

but i am not sure where and how the procedure

Hi all,

Thought of starting a new thread for IVF /2WW support group 2011.

Anyone doing IVF for this year or intend to do? Anyone in 2ww?
I wish baby dust to all.

snow:001_302:

snow1

Hi shijiaxin,
sorry to hear about the ectopic preggies. Perhaps you should find a good gynae to understand the best way for you to conceive. The doctor will checked and confirmed for blocked tubes, etc. to ensure the best way for you.

There are many posts on the gynae recommendations in this forum. Why dont you check it out?

snow

shijiaxin

Hi snow1

my gynae is already the so call good one....(not trying to show off, dont get me wrong)
currently it is my left tube not functioning well.. and somehow it alway ovulation at the left side, which he suspect my left eggs are more healthier and mature than right...
He told me if the ecoptic happen again he will need to cut the tube off to prevent further complication

I went to the TCM Chen Qui Mei @ NTU, she is the one recommend me to go for IVF and i am seriously considering, but i know IVF is very expensive and time consuming hence I am having doubt and worries.

Hi shijiaxin,
sorry to hear about the ectopic preggies. Perhaps you should find a good gynae to understand the best way for you to conceive. The doctor will checked and confirmed for blocked tubes, etc. to ensure the best way for you.

There are many posts on the gynae recommendations in this forum. Why dont you check it out?

snow

snow1

Hi shijiaxin,

wow, cut off the tube to avoid future complications? mmm, in my humble opinion - try to minimize any surgery if possible...mind if i ask which hospital are you seeing your gynae now?
i think you should maybe heed for second opinion from another gynae.....

i agree with you that IVF is expensive and time consuming. This is the sacrifice that me and my hubby have to make after so many years of unsuccessful attempts using other methodS (iui, pills etc.)

snow

shijiaxin

he is Dr Peter Chew @ GlenE, reason for being so is becos i got it twice ecpotic and i stand 90% to get it third time...but will depend on situation as both time were detected early hence my tube is saved.

for us is we dont wanna take the risk to get ecoptic again, but currently seeking this TCM "treatment" which she gave the medicine for the tube hope she can helps so that i dont have to go through the trouble.

Hi shijiaxin,

wow, cut off the tube to avoid future complications? mmm, in my humble opinion - try to minimize any surgery if possible...mind if i ask which hospital are you seeing your gynae now?
i think you should maybe heed for second opinion from another gynae.....

i agree with you that IVF is expensive and time consuming. This is the sacrifice that me and my hubby have to make after so many years of unsuccessful attempts using other methodS (iui, pills etc.)

snow

snow1

he is Dr Peter Chew @ GlenE, reason for being so is becos i got it twice ecpotic and i stand 90% to get it third time...but will depend on situation as both time were detected early hence my tube is saved.

for us is we dont wanna take the risk to get ecoptic again, but currently seeking this traditional chinese medicine "treatment" which she gave the medicine for the tube hope she can helps so that i dont have to go through the trouble.

Hi Shijiaxin,

Oh i see...can understand why the risk of getting it again is rather high.
My friend had an ectopic before and so her gynae recommended her IVF. As she was quite desperate to get preggie at that time (she was in the mid 30s), so she went ahead and got 1 healthy baby girl!

However, if you are not in the urgency to get preggie, then maybe you can try the medicine that your TCM doc give you. Wish you luck and baby dust soon :Dancing_wub:

snow

shijiaxin

Hi snow1

thanks! you too best of baby luck...

Hi Shijiaxin,

Oh i see...can understand why the risk of getting it again is rather high.
My friend had an ectopic before and so her gynae recommended her IVF. As she was quite desperate to get preggie at that time (she was in the mid 30s), so she went ahead and got 1 healthy baby girl!

However, if you are not in the urgency to get preggie, then maybe you can try the medicine that your TCM doc give you. Wish you luck and baby dust soon :Dancing_wub:

snow

SleepyJu

Hi shijiaxin,

Can i have the add n contacts of dr chen qiu mei?
And are u able to advise the charges? Expensive?

shijiaxin

I had sent u a PM for her address
personally i feel it's not expensive, she only charge for the medicine fee but that was when i visit her at NTU, tomorrow will be my first time seeing her at her cross street branch. At NTU if there are students attending, you will get 30% discount and you opt for private session with her if u feel uncomfortable with the student around

Hi shijiaxin,

Can i have the add n contacts of dr chen qiu mei?
And are u able to advise the charges? Expensive?

SleepyJu

Hi shijiaxin,

Thanks for your pm! Maybe one day i arrange go down see her..
Does dr tan check for the women only or will also do a check on the hubby?

SleepyJu

Okok... Thanks so much!

Have to think think whether to cOntinue natural or try tcm or st. Away go IVF...

Jiayou!

lulu

Hi Shijiaxin....

I see that you already went to Dr Chen Qiu Mei....actually for my case, she also advised me to go for IVF after I removed my left ovary. That's one of the reason why I made up my mind to go for IVF.

shijiaxin

i havent removed my left tube even though it is my second time i got ectopic pregnancy.
she advised to go for IVF rather than taking the risk to try again and got ectopic for the third time.
for this i am also considering, but it is the money and time that i am concern.

it required around 10K for the IVF which i think financially we cant really afford

Hi Shijiaxin....

I see that you already went to Dr Chen Qiu Mei....actually for my case, she also advised me to go for IVF after I removed my left ovary. That's one of the reason why I made up my mind to go for IVF.

SleepyJu

Hi shijiaxin,

If u go govt hospitals, there will be subsidy for ivf if u are doing under the age 40.
If i din rem wrgly, medisave 1st cycle can claim 6k and govt also subsidize another 3k..
You can go read up MOH webby.. Cant rem exact details.

lulu

Yes...
@ Govt Hospital: Claim medisave $6k + Govt subsidy $3K
@ Private Hospital: Claim medisave $6K (no govt subsidy)

Hi ladies,

I'm new here. I had my first IVF Dec last year with SGH. It didn't go well. I went through a natural circle with the two remaining embryos transferred in in April this year. It failed too.

IVF is more an emotional stress than physical. My husband and I were quite upset and desparate. The feeling of lossing hope is very torturing.

Yet we won't give up. We are in a middle of looking for new doctors. I will rest for a few months before I start. Meanwhile, I'd like to send my best wishes to all the ladies and their families here!

Bear Bear with hope

Tcher

Hi ladies,

I'm new here...

IVF is more an emotional stress than physical.

Bear Bear with hope

Hi bbwHope,

my 2WW had just passed with negative results.

I have to agree that IVF is an emotional roller-coaster ride. I'm still grieving, yet I feel stronger after reading your post. Thanks. :)

I'm new here too.