Jaundice level

minako85

Hi mummies,

when does ur baby jaundice leveL Reallydrops? My baby is 10 days old n e doc say his jaundice level is dropping abit slower.. :((

xicloudix

how much is it now? muz below 10 then can no need go back review right???

dun worry, some docs tend to exergerate a bit... mine also told me same thing... ask me go review 2-3 times, then give my boy a "pass"

minako85

Now is 198... Friday muz go bk agn... Haizzz... Is it v high?? Muz below 100... Seems like a long way to go...

xicloudix

wow thats high.... i can't remember 10 or 100.... sun him a bit???

have this chinese herb can bathe him, its very useful, before i went to my last review, i bathe him with that and really "pass" heard from mummies in this forum also say quite gd....

can't remmeber theherb, jin ying hua or something, but u go medical shop and ask, they will know de....

if u are afraid of using herb, maybe u can try only using 1/2 of the amount they ask u to use...

hi minako85, u might want to try this method by letting ur bb lay on a red paper (those red paper which every time during CNY ppl will use it to wrap fruit). this method was use by my mum when i give birth to my elder son when he have jaundice.

yup juz put below can le ... dun need to do anything le

but those other method like sun him and give him chinese herb for bathing we still do it lor

Last edited:

hpc

Hi u can boil 3 red dates without seed with some water,let baby drink about 3X daily.The level will drop very fast.Each X just give baby about 1/2 -1 oz water,trust me ,I tried on my babies n it works well on everyone of them.

Hi,

you can buy a kind of herbs from those medical hall, tell the ppl there is for Jaundice purposes. Put in a red packet under your baby's pillow.

:)

hpc

The herb is call"ng gee",a yellow kind of seed.U can boil the water with this seed ,about 3 then mix into bath water ,wash the whole body everyday,but ur infant 's jaundice is too high advise bath the yellow water + red dates water,will drop very fast.Previously my boy about 180 when he was 2wks+.3days after he drank the water,went back to PD ,doctor says jaun drop to 120 ,another few days jaun drop 80 -normal

minako85

Omg I'm so fucking pissed w my mil... She don't let me sun bath my baby keep saying wait he catch cold bla bla bla... Now 9 plus gt sun she keep saying no sun yet la wait baby catch cold... ?!?? Smlj!! Like tt she everyday morn say this I no need sun bath him how his jaundice gg to drop... Damn pissed!!! Y old ppl like tt one??!

vannies

Hi mummies,

when does ur baby jaundice leveL Reallydrops? My baby is 10 days old n e doc say his jaundice level is dropping abit slower.. :((
Hi Dear,

No worries, your baby will be fine.
My son jaundice level went as high as 400 point which is near to extreme already.
So no worries, jaundice is very common for baby.
How big is your baby now?
Yeah, sun bath is good if your baby has jaundice and it can actually helps to reduce too.

vannies

Huh 400?? So high? I tot max is 200 plus?

Anw my stupid mil dun let me sun bath him la.. Keep saying wait he catch cold catch cold... Siao one. I damn tulan w her feel like banging e fucking door right at her face
Yes 400 point!
My heart breaks when i knew that.
He couldnt go home with me and he had stay in hospital 5 days due to his high level of jaundice!
I was crying everyday and i canm understand how u feel right now.
I didnt do my confinement cos i went to hospital everyday to see him, i cried.
I just read ur blog and realise ur birth story is almost same as mine.
My son was out on 37 weeks and labour was 3-4hrs, and moreoever he weighing at 2.31kg only.
Very fragile.
Which hospital u went? mine was at Kkh=)

minako85

---->. Omg ... 400 really high... I think I will cry like u if he like tt... Cuz now I alrdy v worried

Ya I was 37w4 when I gave birth... V short n fast delivery... I think we r Considered lucky .. Hehe and Im in kkh too :)
ur baby hw old le?

Anw u no ppl help u do confinement? I understand u need to visit ur baby everyday ( if I'm u I also dun care wat confinement n visit him everydY), but I think u shld at least eat some confinement food... Den follow e necessary rules like dun bath or bath w herbal... Drink red dates.. No fan...
U muz look after ur health too leh...

Last edited:

vannies

---->. Omg ... 400 really high... I think I will cry like you if he like that... Cuz now I alrdy very worried n my mother in law keep dont want let me sun bath him even worse (very pissed) ... dont want quarrel w her also wait my Hubby sandwiched in between... sigh!

Ya I was 37w4 when I gave birth... very short n fast delivery... I think we r Considered lucky .. Hehe and Im in Kandang Kerbau Hospital too :)
your baby hw old ?

Anw you no ppl help you do confinement? I understand you need to visit your baby everyday ( if I'm you I also dont care what confinement n visit him everydY), but I think you shld at least eat some confinement food... then follow e necessary rules like dont bath or bath w herbal... Drink red dates.. No fan...
you must look after your health too ...
My son now coming to 11 months.
Yea, i am still staying with my in laws now as waiting for my flat to come.
Its really not easy staying with in laws and i had never had a good day with them.
They always think they are right but at times they are wrong.
Yeah i did eat my confinement food, my in laws do for me which really drives me to nuts.
I cannot stand being sweaty and no bathing yet at times they really drive me crazy!!
So actually after few days of bathing with herbs, i just nv care and bathe as normal alrdy.
I slept in a/con room at night but got wear long sleeves and sock.
It wasnt easy for me as i look after my bb myself too.
Need a lot of patient and also alot of care from husband if not really will break down.
My bb was even lack of calcium after his jaundice had recovered that lead him to had slight "fit" and had admit hospital for 1 week.
Seeing those needles poking on him makes me cry painfully everyday.
Thats why seeing him now coming to 11 months soon really make me relieve and feel happy that he is growing up healthy.