Jocelyn Wong - ACJ Clinic

cherishbebe

I cannot remember the actual figure, but it cost 1000+ for natural birth and 3000+ for c-sec...

u may call and check with the nurse

samlwp

Jocelyn is a great gyne. Very patient and accomodating. So far her package costs is the lowest ($588 upon 20wks) as compared to my other frens who have their gyne at Thomson Medical. The package price of Cheng associates at the basement of TMC cost around $6K.

I had contractions as early as around 27 weeks during my pregnancy and Jocelyn Wong was very patient and help me calm down alot during those period. With her help and recommendation, I manage to keep my baby and deliver her when she is 37 wks old.

I just gave birth during Oct 25 07 and the whole birth process was quick and efficient. Mine was natural with epidural. I checked into hospital at around 6pm and by around 1am my baby ger was born. 6hours later after delivery I was walking around normally already.

So kudoos to Jocelyn Wong for making everything so smooth for me :)

P.S. My stitches were fully healed 5 days after my delivery.

melon

i tried calling the clinic alot of times today but no one seems to pick up my call. :embarrassed: When is the best time to call them??

samlwp

Try calling them earlier in the morning ard 10am or afternoon after 2pm on weekdays. Sat is usually very packed so dont bother to call during those times. 63532033

dawn

Hi, Dr Joy Wong was my gynae.

Though I'm not aware that she does deliveries at other hospitals, I don't see why she can't do it at other private hospitals. However, one should consider the advantages with choosing TMC, considering her familiarity with TMC's staff nurses as well as the anaesthesist, paediatricians etc. Compared to other pte hospitals, I think TMC offers pretty decent value for money too.

But I digress.

Wanted to express my sincere appreciation to Dr Joy Wong here, for her caring yet professional service throughout this first pregnancy of mine. Really no regrets taking my friend's advice and chosing her as my gynae.

Thanks, Dr Joy !! :red:

appletree

Dear all,

I am now 30+ weeks pregnant and considering changing gynae as my current gynae is getting busy and always doesn't bother to answer my questions. I am considering switching to Dr Jocelyn after reading so many good feedback about her.

Those who recently visited Dr Jocelyn, could you pls advise what is the average waiting time to see her nowadays and what is the average consultation time cos I heard she is getting busier and busier. So I am also wondering whether she is still as nice and patient as before when she now has to take care of more patients. For me, it is very important that the dr is patient, understanding and reassuring.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

woo22

Dear all,

I am now 30+ weeks pregnant and considering changing gynae as my current gynae is getting busy and always doesn't bother to answer my questions. I am considering switching to Dr Jocelyn after reading so many good feedback about her.

Those who recently visited Dr Jocelyn, could you pls advise what is the average waiting time to see her nowadays and what is the average consultation time cos I heard she is getting busier and busier. So I am also wondering whether she is still as nice and patient as before when she now has to take care of more patients. For me, it is very important that the dr is patient, understanding and reassuring.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Dr Joy Wong - very frenly! Saw her when I was 12 wks preggie..she explain the whole pregnancy calendar to me fm wk 1-40.. wat to expect during each period etc..some of my frens oso seeing other docs in TMC said their gynae never tell them all that!
She kept reminding me towards the later stage wat to expect n look out for - ie contractions , labour etc
Her familarity wiz hosp staff etc oso good lah. I had bad engorgement. when she saw me in the ward, I told her abt it, after she left, she got someone from lactation dept to help me massage. Normally if we asked for help, we will be charged accordingly.
My roommate had bad engorgement oso, she told nurses to get someone to look at her, they never came..her doc was not based in TMC..wonder if this was a factor why her request was not attended to asap!
Back to Dr Joy - will definitely follow up wiz all gynae related prob and if lucky enuf to get pregnant again - will go back to her!:Dancing_wub:

happyjuniors

Many Thumbs up for Dr Joycelyn!

She is good , my 2 children with her! Even though my second child with her, she explained everything to me as if it's my first baby. Very patient!

PLUS: I was on a tight budget on my second child, she give me valuable advice (how to save money) even tou this is not her area of work.

She is not only a very good doctor, she care very much for her patient welfare.

She is Number one! Very very highly recommend. No regrets at all!

(Only thing is the waiting time to see her... haha .. but it's worth the wait!)

:red::red::red::red::red::red:

mimosa

i haf just fixed an appt wif dr wong....its 3 weeks later!
she is really v popular

now hubby got this worry...if she is so popular...will she still haf time for us?
other than the daily appts...she still gotta do deliveries
will she so tired that she cant gif us full attention?

thanks..

japjap

:Dancing_tongue: Today i went for my check up, only got water bag.
Joy is v nice. she still goes thru the details to me and reassure me several times lor cuz i had a v early miscarriage back then. Thats why although its v far for me.. i still go back to her.

Next fri see-ing her again. Hopefully hubby can make it cuz the timing i got most probably he not able to take any time off or leave to accompany me. The mini mini bad point is this, because she is v popular, you cant really expect the time you want. :( I really dont want to be alone should there be any bad news. .:embarrassed:

The recep n assistants all v nice too.

joy remembers me even though the last time i went to her was abt 8 mths ago! She was able to remember that i wore specs n had a hair colour change!!!

Considering that she has got so many patients everyday, i appreciate her nice sweet mannerisms.

It makes the wait for her seems worthwhile because i know she takes time to carefully explain to everyone. :red:

Gaill

Hi guys,

I've been reading the threads and so far from what I gather, there are only praises for this Dr. Jocelyn Wong. I'm planning for a second child soon and am doing some research for good gynaes out there. I had a female gynae at TMC as well for my first baby but I wasn't exactly that pleased with her towards the end. I find my delivery in a rush, not for me but for my gynae. I waited for almost 12 hours before my boy came out and I even had to induce dilation. My gynae did even come and see me until I was about to deliver at 1pm. She came in, got the baby out, stitched me up and was out before I knew it. In the process, I got cut by her scissor while she was stitching me, and I thought the stitching was not very nicely executed. I paid about $1.5k for my package at ard 12 or 16 weeks.

In retrospect, I was thinking maybe it was wrong of me to choose a gynae who had 5 kids herself. She probably thinks giving birth is a piece of cake and hence not as tender and attentive as should be. I'm on the lookout for a good gynae for the second pregnancy but was wondering if I should go to a male gynae this time around.

Can I ask of Jocelyn Wong is a mother herself? And if anyone has good recommendations for male gynaes?

Thanks! :)

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Dr Jocelyn Wong is definely two thumbs up :)

Both of our children are delivered by her!
:wong29:

I wonder if she read this thread :001_302:

kintaro

Dr Jocelyn Wong is definely two thumbs up :)

Both of our children are delivered by her!
:wong29:

I wonder if she read this thread :001_302:
I dont know about her skill but i can feel her concern. My last visit to her, she having a bad sore throat yet she make lotsa of effort to console me trying to assure me.. gosh i feel so bad .. she is good i cant wait to let her deliver my bb. Btw, since most of you here are Dr Wong patient.. can i ask anyone of u co nsidering "first born incentive " card by tmc?? how are hospital bills for tmc like???

gummybear

I dont know about her skill but i can feel her concern. My last visit to her, she having a bad sore throat yet she make lotsa of effort to console me trying to assure me.. gosh i feel so bad .. she is good i cant wait to let her deliver my bb. Btw, since most of you here are Dr Wong patient.. can i ask anyone of u co nsidering "first born incentive " card by tmc?? how are hospital bills for tmc like???
Hi, Dr Wong is definately worth waiting. I waited for 1.5 mths to see her during my first gynea appointment.

I think if you intend to deliver at TMC then the FBI is worth applied. I will consider Mount A. instead.