John T L Lim Clinic & Surgery

Queenbabe

Any1 went to this gynae before at jurong west? Dont know whether he deliver at Mt A anot and is he good :) ...

Jo'an

Yes, I went to him before. Not for OB check up but for my 1mth old gal coz she was having diarrhea. Had a very bad experience.

1) They actually allowed dog into the clinic (btw, the clinic is air-conditioned) when there were other patient and babies in the clinic. And they allowed the dog to sit on the beach that are meant for patients! The nurses did told the patient pets are not allowed but after the patient told the nurse John Lim had allowed her to bring in her dog before, the nurse jus reply :"oh, ok!" and let her be.........

2) When I went into the consultation room and told John Lim that my baby is having diarrhea, the first question he ask was, :"Was your baby delivered by me?" My baby was delivered at SGH....so I told him that. "Why wasn't deliver by me??!?" he replied with a very annoyed and unhappy voice. "Are you a Clivil Servant? No, then why not deliver by me???" then he goes again without letting me speak...."Change your baby formula to Soy and go to polyclinic, don't come back again.".......

How will you feel if you were me? My hubby felt like bashing him up when he heard what John Lim said!! So if you are thinking about going to John Lim's Clinic, pls judge for yourself.

tinkerball

found the name familiar so i opened this thread and realised that it was around my mum's neighbourhood and i passed by his clinic every day after work before i got married. a fren had an abortion there once and relates that the doctor is a very cold, unfeeling fella. talks to her in a very harsh tone as if she's a criminal. having an abortion is one thing, but being treated like a pest makes the experience a traumatic one. but again, ha ving an abortion is not a gd thing either. i definitely wont step a foot in there. not sure about other patients, but the clinic have been there for as long as i lived in jurong. almost 20 years perhaps

ph0702

Aha...John Lim...quite elderly...1st gynae I went to when I was 1st expecting my DD then. It took me just 2 appointment to switch to another :nah:

He has a "dun bother me" attitude and yes, was rather rude and cold too. I remember when I was there at the 2nd appointment with my MIL, he does not even want to look at us when talking to us. Haha... one thing I remember is that his table is in total mess with newspapers etc. When I ask him which hospital he deliver at, he say "ALL" ?

If U are looking at a gynae in Jurong West, perhaps you can try Dr Kee in Jurong point. He has quite good review and he was the one whom deliver my DD at Thomson. He deliver both at Thomson and Mt. A.

Queenbabe

Wah sounds horrible.... thanks to all mummies here.... i think to all those MTB living in the west know who to go to, right? :001_302:

adlinzul

Wah sounds horrible.... thanks to all mummies here.... i think to all those MTB living in the west know who to go to, right? :001_302:

yeah sounds scary...both my daughters are delivered by Dr John Yam at Mt Alvernia...usually meet him at his mum clinic at JPMRT there...ACUMED

linuspine

For my experience with Dr John Lim, sound total different from all the mummy. My first child is delivered by him and mine second coming child also delivered. I do not face any problem like ignored me and my wife. He given us alot of advise and keep crack joke although is repeative till now. His clinic onli disadvantage is, he does not have ATM service all is cash and cant use the Child care card. But others thing including experience he is veri good.. But dear mummies.. he is those tough doctor, which mean he wont be real nice to those mummies that sign-9 infront of him. Cos if reali that pain or serious you wont be visiting the clinic liao.. so my wife does get it at the initial stage of having my first child. but few visit, my wife had become stronger mummy and she also know that what is reali need to inform dr Lim.

As my 1st child is pre-mature born, n during the day we visit clinic due to my wife water bag leak. the whole process Dr Lim is aggrasive to handle my wife situation and my wife is jus like very relief n no worries.

In term of fees at Dr Lim, as i heard from my frd, there is also much economical rate that Dr Lim. So if you think that every visit cost ard, $50 for monthly check out (exclude medication) and you can afford, I thk he shd be the one for jurong stayer.
So far the highest fees include scan and medication it cost me $170, other then tat normal visit it cost me $60 plus average.

yenne

I visited Dr John few years ago; Nt for gynae visit, but rather I have a miscarriage and was there for the surgery.. he is not a sympathetic person and when i teared after the completion of the process he actually reprimanded me and say "it's not pain ok! so why are you crying??" and he walked off before i could explain to him that my tears is bcos of my lost baby! it seems like he didnt wan the rest of the patients waiting outside to think that the process is "painful"...
I wouldn't recommend him to anybody for his lack of sympathy and if he could not feel for us, i do not think he make a good doctor.
There are much better gynae in the west area and i don't mind paying more for one that is nice and have our interest at heart.

linuspine

I visited Dr John few years ago; not for gynae visit, but rather I have a miscarriage and was there for the surgery.. he is not a sympathetic person and when i teared after the completion of the process he actually reprimanded me and say "it's not pain ok! so why are you crying??" and he walked off before i could explain to him that my tears is bcos of my lost baby! it seems like he didnt want the rest of the patients waiting outside to think that the process is "painful"...
I wouldn't recommend him to anybody for his lack of sympathy and if he could not feel for us, i do not think he make a good doctor.
There are much better gynae in the west area and i dont't mind paying more for one that is nice and have our interest at heart.
Hi Yenne, I feel sorry for u for this incident.. indeed Dr john is not caring enough toward woman feeling esp in this situation. I do agree in some where, in this situation is not matter of pain or not.. bt ur heart is reali in pain..

lienweisz

I'm expecting another baby and my husband is nagging not having a 4th one, I'm looking for cheap clinics coz we are a bit short in finances and can no longer support another child.

Happyme28

Dr. John Lim @ John T L Lim Clinic and Surgery in Jurong west is the worst doctor I've ever seen in my whole life. I had a very bad experience to this arrogant, and rude doctor! He shouted at me when he instructed me. It was my first time to see a doctor and I don't know what to do there. Instead of talking and comfort me inside his clinic, he shouted and scolded me like I did a very big mistake! I feel like crying that time because of embarrassment. I can't forget this bad experience. He's impatient doctor! I don't recommend this doctor, very very rude! I don't want to come back there again! Ever!

ger-mummy

Dr. John Lim @ John T L Lim Clinic and Surgery in Jurong west is the worst doctor I've ever seen in my whole life. I had a very bad experience to this arrogant, and rude doctor! He shouted at me when he instructed me. It was my first time to see a doctor and I don't know what to do there. Instead of talking and comfort me inside his clinic, he shouted and scolded me like I did a very big mistake! I feel like crying that time because of embarrassment. I can't forget this bad experience. He's impatient doctor! I don't recommend this doctor, very very rude! I don't want to come back there again! Ever!
Hi happyme28, I went once 6year ago and I do not want to step in anymore.

6 years ago, I sudden had heavy blood flow and went to see him. I remembered he said confirmed is miscarriage. I was like HUH.... after that he ask me to go out and wait for the nurse as the nurse will tell me what to do.

Even now, i preggy and still I dun wan go to this clinic even thot he is near my parent hse. I prefer Dr Ben Choey at Clementi, he is more patient and caring.
I think preggy woman need doctor is patient and caring not like Dr John Lim...

Roif

For my experience with Dr John Lim, sound total different from all the mummy. My first child is delivered by him and mine second coming child also delivered. I do not face any problem like ignored me and my wife. He given us alot of advise and keep crack joke although is repeative till now. His clinic onli disadvantage is, he does not have ATM service all is cash and cant use the Child care card. But others thing including experience he is veri good.. But dear mummies.. he is those tough doctor, which mean he wont be real nice to those mummies that sign-9 infront of him. Cos if reali that pain or serious you wont be visiting the clinic liao.. so my wife does get it at the initial stage of having my first child. but few visit, my wife had become stronger mummy and she also know that what is reali need to inform dr Lim.

As my 1st child is pre-mature born, n during the day we visit clinic due to my wife water bag leak. the whole process Dr Lim is aggrasive to handle my wife situation and my wife is jus like very relief n no worries.

In term of fees at Dr Lim, as i heard from my frd, there is also much economical rate that Dr Lim. So if you think that every visit cost ard, $50 for monthly check out (exclude medication) and you can afford, I thk he shd be the one for jurong stayer.
So far the highest fees include scan and medication it cost me $170, other then tat normal visit it cost me $60 plus average.