Karcher Steam Cleaner

Hi, like to find out if anyone is using Karcher Steam Cleaner for home use? My house has some dust mites type on walls and I do not know how to get rid of them. Can anyone advise me?

stonston

I have a steam cleaner but it's not Karcher. Can't rmb the brand but it's a free gift. Anyway, saw it being sold at petrol kiosks for $39.90.

You can try using steam cleaner? I am using Novita steam cleaner to mist the floor and walls. If you are afraid too wet, you can wrap a cloth over. :)

sandyteo

Hi,
I have a Karcher steam cleaner.

It's good. I use it once every few months to steam clean the curtains, sofa, bed, floor, kitchen sink, bathroom sink and bathroom wall corners.

I like the safety feature too e.g. after using, knob (on the hole to pour water in) cannot be opened until the water has cooled down so that you would be scalded by steam.

There is also an attachment you can buy to use it as a garment steamer. Hope this helps.

yvonne_ktw

Hi, like to find out if anyone is using Karcher
Steam Cleaner for home use? My house has some dust mites type on walls and I do not know how to get rid of them. Can anyone advise me?
Hi Bubbleblue,

I've got a karcher steam cleaner i think bought at 300+ or 500+ i forgot.

Like normaly those dirts in between tiles can't remove by mopping right, so i used the cleaner to clean it and really can be clean. Another way i use those japan white colour sponge also can clean the dirts off but if find clean wise guess hot steam is much better when think of the kids crawling the floor. .

Ya, i also agree the safety feature. After using, knob (on the hole to pour water in) cannot be opened until the water has cooled down so that you would be scalded by steam.

They claim that it can steam the bed to kill dust mite but i never tried before because i think if water vapour gets in the mattress and didn't get dry so the water will be trapped in the matress? so.. i dare not try on mattress but did cleaning the sofa in living room.

OfDivineOrigin

Alpha Male
Hi bubbleblue,

I have your problem too. Be it bed bugs/dust mites/ticks/fleas, it is not advisable to use those chemicals that claimed to be effective against them and it is harmless to children.

Initially, I tried those chemicals and the bugs came back the next day. Furthermore, my son became sensitive to the chemicals and suffered from blocked/running nose for weeks.

Eventually, I bought a Karcher SC1020 (1.2 litres boiler) from MegaTech exhibition for SGD$248.

First trial, the bugs did reduce in numbers. Although the bugs still came back, they are smaller ones. I believe I did not manage to find their hideout and exterminate them.

Things to note:

1) The steam cools off quickly once it came out from the nozzle. Therefore, you have to place your nozzle lesser than 2cm to your target wall. Reason being, bed bugs needs 7 seconds at temperature of 47 degree Celsius to die. Longer for their eggs as they have a tough shell for protection (that is why, the chemicals don't work). If you place your nozzle lesser than 2cm to your target, the temperature will kill the bugs and eggs almost instantaneously (about half a second).

2) I don't know about the safety knob cause I always spray until the while boiler is empty. To be on the safe side, always switch off your electricity or pull out the plug from the wall socket before you refill. Be very careful to refill the boiler after your first use as it is very hot and the moment you pour water inside, the water will vaporize and formed steam which will force the water you pouring in to spurt out at high heat. Therefore, pour a little water in and wait for a while before continuing to pour the rest of the water.

3) It takes about 8 minutes for water to boil. Once the orange light went off (for my model), you can start using. You can safely ignore subsequent orange light that came on.

4) When there are no more steam, quickly switch off your electricity supply. You don't want your boiler to overheat with no water inside.

5) 1.2 litres boiler will provide continuous steaming of around half an hour.

6) Be careful when you dismantle the parts as there will be residual hot water in them. Don't get scalded by it.

You may find it cumbersome to refill water to exactly 1.2 litres as the package don't come with any measuring cylinder. Well, make one of your own. Just finish up one bottle of 1.5 litres Pokka drink and cut along the top indentation ring, you'll get an estimated 1.2 litres bottle.

So much for now. Hope it helps.

Last edited: