KKH vs SGH

humbleen

Hi! Has any mummies deliverd via c-section at KKH or SGH? Can u pls share with me your experience during ur stay there, doc, total bill n the initial deposit? Thks alot

yummygums

I stayed in a 4-bedded room in KK. Initial deposit was about $900+. Total medical bill came up to about $3K. Even got a refund back of 600+ dollars from the hospital, rest deducted from medisave.

RedDevil

I delivered in sgh. My gynae is prof tan hak koon. I stay in B1. Because my little one unable to come out so end up emergency c sect. I stay for 5 days and my boy 7 days due to jaundice. Initial deposit is $1.6k. Total.bill almost $9k. Pay extra $720. The rest all deducted from medisave. Overall experience not bad. Service quite good

humbleen

I stayed in a 4-bedded room in KK. Initial deposit was about $900+. Total medical bill came up to about $3K. Even got a refund back of 600+ dollars from the hospital, rest deducted from medisave.
Hi, yummy gums. Thks for ur reply. Can share with me whether u delivered naturally or c-section n may I know who's ur doc ? How ur experience n how do u find their service so far? Hee. Sorry for asking so many question

humbleen

I delivered in sgh. My gynae is prof tan hak koon. I stay in B1. Because my little one unable to come out so end up emergency c sect. I stay for 5 days and my boy 7 days due to jaundice. Initial deposit is $1.6k. Total.bill almost $9k. Pay extra $720. The rest all deducted from medisave. Overall experience not bad. Service quite good
Hi, RedDevil. Thks for ur reply. Heard tat prof tan hak koon quite gd frm other forum. How do u find him? Is his stitches gd? Cause I opting for c-section tis time round so a bit scare. Can share more of ur experience with me n how do u find their nurses? Thks alot

yummygums

Hi, yummy gums. Thks for ur reply. Can share with me whether u delivered naturally or c-section n may I know who's ur doc ? How ur experience n how do u find their service so far? Hee. Sorry for asking so many question
HI Humbleen, I delivered naturally. My doctor has recently left KK for Thomson. Their confinement food was good, i had no appetite due to epidural and hubby ate the food and he found it tasty.. -.-" haha. Their service was good, they were patient enough.

And because i was suffering from the pains of the stitches, they had this pads, which is the cooling pad. Which you just use it like your normal kotex except that its cold that helps to relieve the pain.

humbleen

HI Humbleen, I delivered naturally. My doctor has recently left KK for Thomson. Their confinement food was good, i had no appetite due to epidural and hubby ate the food and he found it tasty.. -.-" haha. Their service was good, they were patient enough.

And because i was suffering from the pains of the stitches, they had this pads, which is the cooling pad. Which you just use it like your normal kotex except that its cold that helps to relieve the pain.
Hi, yummygums. Glad to hear tat u have a nice experience at kkh. I delivered my 2 children there too. Some of the midwives n nurses were really very gd n patient but some r not as gd. Haha. Overall I still think it's ok. My doc has oso left kkh. That's y I'm thinking of going to Sgh. Saw frm other forum tat they r quite gd

RedDevil

humbleen:677471 said:
Hi, RedDevil. Thks for ur reply. Heard tat prof tan hak koon quite gd frm other forum. How do u find him? Is his stitches gd? Cause I opting for c-section tis time round so a bit scare. Can share more of ur experience with me n how do u find their nurses? Thks alot
Prof Tan is good and he always tell me don't worry so much, baby healthy cos sometimes I quite kan cheong hehe. He is very fatherly too. He very confident, calm and steady and make me feel safe. Because mine is emergency c sect, after my operation, he told me and my baby are safe now and not to b scare anymore. Seriously, if not because of Prof Tan, I did not know what will happen to me and my baby on that day. His stitches is good. Nurses attentive too.

humbleen

Prof Tan is good and he always tell me don't worry so much, baby healthy cos sometimes I quite kan cheong hehe. He is very fatherly too. He very confident, calm and steady and make me feel safe. Because mine is emergency c sect, after my operation, he told me and my baby are safe now and not to b scare anymore. Seriously, if not because of Prof Tan, I did not know what will happen to me and my baby on that day. His stitches is good. Nurses attentive too.
Hi, RedDevil. I called SGH earlier to make an appt with Prof Tan but his avail date is too far away so in the end I make an appt with Prof Tay. Saw frm other forum tat's he's quite gd also. Hope he's as gd as they say. As I'm already 31 wks so can't afford to wait anymore. Btw, on the day u discharge do u need to pay the bills 1st or will they send u the final bill then pay n will I be able to do baby's birth cert n baby bonus in Sgh or do I nd to go ICA? Sorry for asking so many question

Last edited:

RedDevil

Hi, RedDevil. I called SGH earlier to make an appt with Prof Tan but his avail date is too far away so in the end I make an appt with Prof Tay. Saw frm other forum tat's he's quite gd also. Hope he's as gd as they say. As I'm already 31 wks so can't afford to wait anymore. Btw, on the day u discharge do u need to pay the bills 1st or will they send u the final bill then pay n will I be able to do baby's birth cert n baby bonus in Sgh or do I nd to go ICA? Sorry for asking so many question[/QUOTE]

No worrIes :). Prof Tan has many patients, need to book early. On that day u admit, u have to pay deposit first. I choose B1 therefore the deposit is $1600. The final bill they will send.to.you after you discharge. U can do your baby birth cert in sgh.For baby.bonus u can submit to.them also. :)

humbleen

No worrIes :). Prof Tan has many patients, need to book early. On that day u admit, u have to pay deposit first. I choose B1 therefore the deposit is $1600. The final bill they will send.to.you after you discharge. U can do your baby birth cert in sgh.For baby.bonus u can submit to.them also. :)[/QUOTE]

It's reassuring to know that they will send me the final bill instead of me paying on the day I discharge cause my hubby will not be with me. Scare I din bring enough money. Sorry. May I know the $1600 deposit u put is for natural or c-section? Can pls share with me? Wanna prepare everything beforehand. Thks alot :)

Last edited:

humbleen

The deposit is meant for which class u choose. B1 is $1600. B2 $1350 if I'm not wrong. :)
Ooo. I tot the deposit for b1 natural birth n c-section is different rate cause kkh's deposit amt is different for natural birth n c-section so I assume sgh also the same :)

RedDevil

humbleen:677986 said:
The deposit is meant for which class u choose. B1 is $1600. B2 $1350 if I'm not wrong. :)
Ooo. I tot the deposit for b1 natural birth n c-section is different rate cause kkh's deposit amt is different for natural birth n c-section so I assume sgh also the same :)
Oh. Hmm this I not too sure cos I supposed to be natural birth but become emergency c sect.

humbleen

Oh. Hmm this I not too sure cos I supposed to be natural birth but become emergency c sect.
Hee. It's ok. I will ask on the day of my appt which is on the 14th. Hope that prof Tay is gd. See on tat day whether I can request for a maternity tour or not :)

chavelle

Hi humbleen, for natural birth B1 deposit is 1449 B2 is 308. C sect B1 deposit is 1621 B2 dont need deposit =)

humbleen

Hi humbleen, for natural birth B1 deposit is 1449 B2 is 308. C sect B1 deposit is 1621 B2 dont need deposit =)
Hi, chavelle. Thks for the info. R u oso delivering at SGH? Who's ur doc? Care to share? How do u find the experience at SGH so far? Hee. Sorry. Many question :)

chavelle

Hi =) ya i was from private clinic bt gt bleeding problem n they push me to gov hospital.i went nuh n the svc was very bad so i went over to sgh at 30 weeks.im under high risk clinic so i think situation abit different.however i was admitted into the labour ward n B1 ward on two occasions due to bleeding n the svc is gd,even my hubby say so.so no worries=) i jus went to get the price list frm them last week thus i think u can use tt as a guide=)

humbleen

Hi =) ya i was from private clinic bt gt bleeding problem n they push me to gov hospital.i went nuh n the svc was very bad so i went over to sgh at 30 weeks.im under high risk clinic so i think situation abit different.however i was admitted into the labour ward n B1 ward on two occasions due to bleeding n the svc is gd,even my hubby say so.so no worries=) i jus went to get the price list frm them last week thus i think u can use tt as a guide=)
Hi, chavelle. Sorry to hear tat. How r u feeling now? It must be tough on u. Is tis ur 1st baby? When's ur edd? I will keep u in my prayer :)

chery wong

I think this is a normal practice for private hospitals, when there is issue,
they push patients to Government hospitals.
Why would they do that?
Cause private hospital do not have complete equipment for more complicated cases or are they pushing
possible complications to Government Hospitals?