Korea

cutie9629

Hi, just want to ask anyone been to Korea,
i plan to go Korea recently so hope can get some info,
when is the suitable time to go there?:err:

shopaholic

I went during May period. It was cooling, abt 20 deg. I kinda like the weather at that time.

Are you looking for summer, winter or something in between (like the cooling and windy period)? :)

cutie9629

i hope not too cold...Like urs is just nice...U went there how many days?

I went during May period. It was cooling, abt 20 deg. I kinda like the weather at that time.

Are you looking for summer, winter or something in between (like the cooling and windy period)? :)

veronica

I plan to go in Oct or Nov and hope to go to the ski resort with my son. But I heard the ski resort only open in late Nov.

Sigh...

cutie9629

ya, many ppl suggest me to go ski, but i scared too cold...:nah:[

quote=veronica;63057]I plan to go in Oct or Nov and hope to go to the ski resort with my son. But I heard the ski resort only open in late Nov.

Sigh...[/quote]

veronica

If you want ski, only starting mid Nov till feb lor. So if you scare of cold, avoid jan to feb as these will be the coldest month.

shopaholic

i hope not too cold...Like urs is just nice...U went there how many days?
I was there for abt 6 days. There was some drizzling in between but on the whole, weather was cool but dry. Just to share, my normal moisturiser was not enough for me. By day 3, I could feel my face feeling very dry and there was some slight peeling on my nose. I need my night cream to soothe my skin. :)

veronica

I just booked my tour, departure mid Nov.

Went to check around the weather, around 5-15degree..:p

Hope can tahan...hahaha

mrskw

im goin to korea, anyone got gd and cheap shopping places to intro? and im goin myself not w tour agency, anyone knows is it difficult to get around if i cannot speak korean?

babypooh.10

Hihi,

If you intend to travel by 24 June 2009. Do let me know. I have SA Tours Travel voucher to let go :tlaugh:!

Cheers!

Hi, just want to ask anyone been to Korea,
i plan to go Korea recently so hope can get some info,
when is the suitable time to go there?:err:

mrskw

Namdaemun is the wholesale market in Seoul, it's considered cheaper than the rest...

are the things at namdaemun about same as dongdaemun? i heard both places got wholesale and retail, but dongdaemun seems to be more on clothes and accessories while namdaemun got just about everything? nt sure whether that means namdaemun will have less clothes stores and more of other stores.

winxme

im goin to korea, anyone got gd and cheap shopping places to intro? and im goin myself not w tour agency, anyone knows is it difficult to get around if i cannot speak korean?
Mrskw, how was your trip? Any kids in this trip? How many days ?
Me also planning to go this year in Mid Nov 2009. And going to bring 3 kids along...aged 12, 9 and 7 years. Same feeling, worry it's too cold for the kids

Me also planning to go this year in Mid Nov 2009. And going to bring 3 kids along...aged 12, 9 and 7 years. Same feeling, worry it's too cold for the kids
If you're worried that the weather's too cold for the kids, the most important thing is to buy a good, thick coat and thermal wear to trap the heat. More 'kiasu' measures would be buying gloves and muffler/hat...

Since you are going without tour group, I would suggest that you get a handbook of basic Korean words and phrases...You can check up the library for titles like Lonely Planet tour guides. Or check out the online websites for conversing in Korean... In fact, there are many Chinese in Korea...

mrskw

er... i haven't go yet... lol... my trip will be in june, 7days, but too bad i can't give any advice cos no kids on the trip, only with friends... hope your kids will enjoy the trip :001_302:

mrskw

Since you are going without tour group, I would suggest that you get a handbook of basic Korean words and phrases...You can check up the library for titles like Lonely Planet tour guides. Or check out the online websites for conversing in Korean... In fact, there are many Chinese in Korea...

ok... i hope it won't be too difficult to find pple who can speak eng or chi... lol... thx anyway :tlaugh:

veronica

I went mid nov last year. Cold leh. 1st day, it was snowing in Seoul and we were lucky to see cos after that, no more snow liao.

Expect temp to be max 2-3 degree.

snowbear

ok... i hope it won't be too difficult to find pple who can speak eng or chi... lol... thx anyway :tlaugh:
From my experience when i went to korea, there aren't many people who can speak in any other language except korean! In fact when my friend was trying to look for her motel and couldn't find it, she asked help from the korean police (who happened to pass by) and he couldn't speak english/chinese at all.