Korea

adelynn

Korea is still a pretty closed up countries so lotsa people cant speak english; not to mentioned mandarin. but that dont mean they dont understand :) they learn it in school now just that they dont speak it very often, they are not confident. If you speak SLOWLY and use simple english with them, the younger generation may be able to understand although they may not be able to respond to you. They may try to point you in the direction (better than nothing :D )

Most bank tellers speak English and major shopping centres salesgirls/guys

Enjoy your trip! I had fun there when i was there in Dec last yr but it was cold for me :) surprisingly the kids in my tour group had a higher tolerance for the cold than the adults and were playing gleefully in the snow despite many parent's naggings

aries80

im goin to korea, anyone got gd and cheap shopping places to intro? and im goin myself not w tour agency, anyone knows is it difficult to get around if i cannot speak korean?
Korea is a very nice place to go. You can go on your own and please don go by tour, especially SA Tour. I have a very bad experience with SA Tour to Korea. You must go to "Dongdameon"!