Korean Chicken - My Two Cents Worth

jaymumys

Dear mumies & dadies,
would just like to share this food critics with everyone.
Myself, dh & ds went to ntuc hub last weekend for a dinner.
Had been wanting to try this small restaurant like can't really remember their name. but they are famous for korean fried chicken in olive oil.

So we ordered for one HOT HOT Drums, One Ginseng Fried Chicken & One chicken fillet kid's meal comes with a free drink, and upgraded one meal with additional $3 for another drink & corn soup.Total cost after 2 plus were ard $45.

We had a great disappointment with the food served. Plenty of thick fries were served with a mini scoop of mixed coleslaw for the two main, and two drums that barely covered the big plate. And the Ginseng chicken parts were nice and something new. But Somehow we kind of realise that we are paying for a slightly special coating of fried chicken but at so much higher than KFC. Nothing spectacular other than the special coating of the ginseng and the hot chilli sauce. And after the meal, we do not feel full from the meat, it's rather full with the fries. I would rather pay for KFC or Botak Jones. At least Botak Jones fries are free flow and with nice spice. Frankly speaking, the portion & quality by BJ is even more worth it than the korean chicken.

After the meal, then we realise why there's not much crowd. As the neighbour stall is the Famous Chatterbox Chicken Rice by The Original Chef himself. sigh.........waste of money...a lesson learnt by hard

lawla12

u mean Ehub @ downtown east ????????????????

u'r refering to tat halal restaurant beside tat chkn rice shop arrrr ????

mrskw

is this korean chicken fried in olive oil the one that has outlet at cine also? ya i tried before and i felt cheated of my money too... so ex somemore... nvr returned agn... lol

lawla12

waaaaaaaa...i rather eat tat chkn rice (tat famous de) beside it lohhhhh

my hubby buying tat for me now.......hahahahhaa!!!!!!!

jaymumys

Dear all,
sorry for my late late late reply...my work kept me sooooo occuppied

yes, it's the one beside the famous mandarin chef chicken rice.
The so call claimed olive oil frying chicken........ really not worth the money.
i rather if you are not a muslim go and eat the one beside them instead.