last trimester with babies more than 3.5kg

lovepixie

Hi mummies.

Any of u tried or trying for natural birth for babies more than 3.5kg? Please share. I'm in my 39th week with 3.5kg baby girl. A feisty one >.<

Hi Lovepixie,

I gave birth last september29 to a 6.48-lb baby girl (yes a feisty one, too, for that matter) Although not as close to the 7.7-lb baby girl you are about to have, all i can share is my experience having a normal delivery. I am very proud not undergoing epidural or CS (it is my personal preference). All the labor pains are nothing compared to the joy i've felt when i saw my daughter, at the very first time. I had 4 hours of labor and experienced extreme pain. but it's all worth it. Believe me.

Goodluck!

Sarah

Hi,

I tried for a natural birth but ended up with an emergency c-sect. My girl ws 3.685 kg at birth. Based on my experience, i will strongly encourage you to speak to your gynae and see what he/she recommends.

My gynae had suggested me to have a elctive c-sect due to the size of my baby but i wanted to try for a natural birth. According to my gynae, my birth canal was too small. I had a 10 hours labour and opted for epidural. i managed to push but i just couldn't push her out and gynae advised for emergency c-sect as he was concerned that the baby would be in distress. i actually think that i could have succeeded if he had given me more time though.

msck

hey! congrats on the big baby. big baby is always easier to handle! have bigger stomach, drink more at one go. lol

anyway, when I was 38 week, my gynae estimated 3.8kg. he measured the length of her legs but he din suggest c sect to me. he just commented that baby is long n growing healthily. "=)

n when I gave birth to her. she's 3.566kg. natural birth. I heard that doc usually over estimate fetal weight.

lovepixie

Hi mommies,
Thanks for the encouragement. Gynae did say natural birth is possible as I am quite healthy but his main concern is just my pain threshold. I'm a first time mom too. There is no mention of C-sect as I've inform him I'm gonna go for natural then only decide if epidural needed on Delivery Day. :) thanks for sharing ur experiences

Chewysee

I gave birth to a 4kg boy on 6 Nov through c sec. I wanted normal delivery, but waited for more than 12 hrs and he wasn't engaged cause his head can't go through my pelvic bone, so ended up with c sec. after delivery pd told me some big babies fracture their shoulders through normal delivery, so told me I was lucky I didnt do it vaginally. but in my opinion, I would suggest u to do vaginally if can. u heal faster

My girl birth weight is 3.52kg. Initally my gynae suggested c-sect as he's afraid I can't push. But he's half correct, end up I pushed for about an hour and asked for vacuum extraction or else I have to go for E-sect. It lasted 5 hours including an hr of pushing without epi.

I have a friend, she managed to push out her 4kg bb with help from her hubby, 2 nurses and her gynae.

lovepixie

Wow thanks for sharing Chewysee and Diamondfericia.
My baby haven't engaged yet and my EDD is today. Doc said wait till tmr then induce. Wish me luck.
I am 1.57cm tall n 54kg pre pregnancy. Still can try natural.