Latest TMC bills

Catty

my frenz & his wife are s'porean... i also wonder How come so much? But he told me most of the expenses are the small items used by mummy... that y after i listen le feel so scare i have to pay so much if really gave birth at TMC. i am thinking thinking thinking...
Maybe your friend and his wife is a 1st timer so thought is free than keep on ask for it ? :tlaugh:

Adelemummy

I delivered my boy May 2007 but my deposit is only $600 for 4-bedded.
My fren delivery her boy with Doc Lawrence Ang also and he was really consider cheaper coz she only took out abt 1k cash, and she op for natural but end up otherwise so was charge for both. My doc was also consider very reasonable Doc Adrian Woodworth and hear fr the hospital he is quite well known, so my 2nd child due in Jun we went back to him.
I delivered my gal at TMC with Dr Ang, six years ago. Took the 4-bedded but up grading to 2 bedded and we only paid about $200 in cash and the rest by medisave. But now is about $1k in cash...thats alot. Really hope the government can increase the cap to withdraw from medisave for pre-natal and delivery. So that we don't need to pay so much in cash. This will be a "big push" to have more kids right.

:Dancing_wub:

MizfitMumma

I delivered my gal at TMC with Dr Ang, six years ago. Took the 4-bedded but up grading to 2 bedded and we only paid about $200 in cash and the rest by medisave. But now is about $1k in cash...thats alot. Really hope the government can increase the cap to withdraw from medisave for pre-natal and delivery. So that we don't need to pay so much in cash. This will be a "big push" to have more kids right.

:Dancing_wub:
HI, wat about the hospital deposit? How much is the deposit that you need to pay? Now is $800..

ger-mummy

Maybe your friend and his wife is a 1st timer so thought is free than keep on ask for it ? :tlaugh:
ya true, they are first timer so they tot is all in the package. I asked him abt wat actually they charge.. I find it weird y TMC charge bb diaper? i tot is complimentary of 36 pcs pamper brand which i asked be4. His wife use maternity pads $200++ dunno how she use it. I was puzzle as the doc fee is $800 but how to make up to $7K plus in total... My frenz also blurblur sotong...

i also heard from my family dr that TMC will charge for those small items if we over-use...that's y i bought a pack of maternity pad & pamper pampers 4 my coming bb, just in case overshoot usage from the hospital...buy outside alot more cheaper leh...

so when due that day, gota pack diapers & maternity pads as well lor...

Adelemummy

ya true, they are first timer so they tot is all in the package. I asked him abt wat actually they charge.. I find it weird y TMC charge bb diaper? i tot is complimentary of 36 pcs pamper brand which i asked be4. His wife use maternity pads $200++ dunno how she use it. I was puzzle as the doc fee is $800 but how to make up to $7K plus in total... My frenz also blurblur sotong...
Tat depends who is your gynae...doc fee shouldn't be so much de....:nah:

norfen

Gave birth @ TMC on 27/04/09
Mine was normal delivery but assisted with vacuum @ 4 bedded ward.
I stayed for 1 extra day. The standard pkge is 2 days.

Mother's fee

Total: $2850.25 (inclusive of *doc's delivery fee, labour ward svcs, medicine, use of equipment, ante-natal care fees, extra day accommodation)
After medisave deduction: $250.25

*doc's delivery fee: $937 was paid when I was @ 32 weeks.

Baby's fee

Total: $1017.68 (inclusive of medicine, doctor services, pediatrician's visits)
After medisave deduction: $235.98

So after all the medisave deductions, by right I should pay $486.23 ($250.25+ $235.98).
But since I've paid the $800 deposit upon admission, there's a credit balance of $313.77 ($800-$486.23), which they will be returning back to me in cheque.

Hope this info will help those mommies who will be delivering @ TMC soon!

*p/s. I didn't get the auto-upgrade to 2-bedded like most ppl do cos' the 4-bedded room was totally unoccupied when I was warded. But I was luckier la in the sense, coz my hubs got to stay with me me overnight since we were the only ones in the room. :Dancing_wub: Only single-bedded wards will allow the hubbies to stay overnight.

joeichen

Tks for ur info, urs is assist delivery with vacuum but any epi?
I tot doc charge can be claim fr medisave oso?

aIDa81

Gave birth @ TMC on 27/04/09
Mine was normal delivery but assisted with vacuum @ 4 bedded ward.
I stayed for 1 extra day. The standard pkge is 2 days.

Mother's fee

Total: $2850.25 (inclusive of *doc's delivery fee, labour ward svcs, medicine, use of equipment, ante-natal care fees, extra day accommodation)
After medisave deduction: $250.25

*doc's delivery fee: $937 was paid when I was @ 32 weeks.

Baby's fee

Total: $1017.68 (inclusive of medicine, doctor services, pediatrician's visits)
After medisave deduction: $235.98

So after all the medisave deductions, by right I should pay $486.23 ($250.25+ $235.98).
But since I've paid the $800 deposit upon admission, there's a credit balance of $313.77 ($800-$486.23), which they will be returning back to me in cheque.

Hope this info will help those mommies who will be delivering @ TMC soon!

*p/s. I didn't get the auto-upgrade to 2-bedded like most ppl do cos' the 4-bedded room was totally unoccupied when I was warded. But I was luckier la in the sense, coz my hubs got to stay with me me overnight since we were the only ones in the room. :Dancing_wub: Only single-bedded wards will allow the hubbies to stay overnight.
Hi Norfen, Im puzzled that you are able to claim a lot in medisave. so total cash u paid $800deposit+937 doc fees and $250.25 +235.98 in all ...minus the credit balance which end up to $1909 cashhh??

norfen

Hi Norfen, Im puzzled that you are able to claim a lot in medisave. so total cash u paid $800deposit+937 doc fees and $250.25 +235.98 in all ...minus the credit balance which end up to $1909 cashhh??
Hi Aida,
No, I think uve misunderstood the calculations. When I was @ 32 weeks, I paid the doc delivery fee of $937.
Upon admission to give birth, I paid the $800 deposit.
The total bill for my 3D2N stay, after deducting from medisave, by right I should pay $250.25 + $235.98 cash. But we didn't have to fork out anything cos' of the $800 deposit that we've paid. They will minus off from there. Still got balance, so they will refund us the balance via cheque.

On the day of the discharge, they just explained to us the breakdown of the bill and told us that they will send us the cheque for the refund, that's all. No $ to be paid. Hope you're enlightened. =)

Hi Aida,
No, I think uve misunderstood the calculations. When I was @ 32 weeks, I paid the doc delivery fee of $937.
Upon admission to give birth, I paid the $800 deposit.
The total bill for my 3D2N stay, after deducting from medisave, by right I should pay $250.25 + $235.98 cash. But we didn't have to fork out anything cos' of the $800 deposit that we've paid. They will minus off from there. Still got balance, so they will refund us the balance via cheque.

On the day of the discharge, they just explained to us the breakdown of the bill and told us that they will send us the cheque for the refund, that's all. No $ to be paid. Hope you're enlightened. =)
my gynae is from outside. i will be taking the 2bedded. the difference after medisave deduction is around 200plus. and need to pay 1k deposit upon admission. the 200plus and whatever extra charges can be deducted from the 1k deposit right?
that time when i check with the hospital, i ask, then the girl say ya. then i re-ask, so other then the 1k i dont need to prepare any extra amt. then she ya. but what people say here and there are confusing me.....
you just delivered? can i also ask.. i saw in another thread somebody mentioned labour ward is charged by per hour. so we have to pay extra for using the labour ward? or is it already included?
blurred...

apollo

my gynae is from outside. i will be taking the 2bedded. the difference after medisave deduction is around 200plus. and need to pay 1k deposit upon admission. the 200plus and whatever extra charges can be deducted from the 1k deposit right?
that time when i check with the hospital, i ask, then the girl say ya. then i re-ask, so other then the 1k i dont need to prepare any extra amt. then she ya. but what people say here and there are confusing me.....
you just delivered? can i also ask.. i saw in another thread somebody mentioned labour ward is charged by per hour. so we have to pay extra for using the labour ward? or is it already included?
blurred...
they will always deduct from the deposit 1st den if not enough den u top up.. i think u better prepare somemore cash just in case...

some ppl lik tt de, u ask her anything, they just "ya" LOL:tlaugh:

they will always deduct from the deposit 1st den if not enough den u top up.. i think u better prepare somemore cash just in case...

some ppl lik tt de, u ask her anything, they just "ya" LOL:tlaugh:
haha. like that can la. dont want think of the just in case. if got anything need to deduct till not enough have to top up means serious thing liao leh. dont want......

apollo

haha. like that can la. dont want think of the just in case. if got anything need to deduct till not enough have to top up means serious thing liao leh. dont want......
i told my hubby b4,if we suddenly short of cash huh, den ask the cashier "i loan u my baby 1 day la den u waive off part of my hospital bill" u wanna try this also?? LOL!!!

i told my hubby b4,if we suddenly short of cash huh, den ask the cashier "i loan u my baby 1 day la den u waive off part of my hospital bill" u wanna try this also?? LOL!!!
lols... good idea.
recently keep feel pain. not same from before de pain. think thats what they mean by contraction. now also dont know how to describe. my baby keep treat me chicken wing sia. last check doc says head down liao. which means the part i keep feel the 'kicks' is actually his elbow. hahas.

norfen

blurred...
hi happymommy,

yep..the deposit that we pay upon admission is to offset any extra $ after the medisave deduction. most of the time, ppl dun need to pay anything more on the day of the discharge cos' the deposit is more than enuff to cover any extra.
Unless of course, there are (touch wood) complications, and u need special instrument/assisted delivery that will add on more to the charges. If not, the deposit should be enuff and u dont have to fork out any $ when ure discharged. Any balance from the deposit, they will refund back to u in cheque.
The labour ward services, I don't think its included. Bcos from the break down of the bill, its by itself. They stated there my labour ward usage was less than 2 hrs, and they charge me $77. The package that we are paying is for our ward itself plus the meals, if I'm not wrong.

Its true lah, to prepare more $ just to play safe. Like myself, I made sure I have extra cash just in case. In the end, no need to pay anything more. =p
get refund some more from the deposit.

dcs_81

My Gynae is attached to both TMC and MAH .. he told me that lot of his patients are complaining that TMC bills are hiked than before .. He told me it could be due to TMC is totally private now previously semi private .. mothers who delivered 2-3 years back and delivered again now find their bills to be very high .. :shyxxx:
So I am choosing MAH for my delivery now..
Any suggestions about MAH ?