Learn Thru "Play" - Adv needed for games to improve MT

Connie08

Hi,

I am looking for some interesting Games to try to improve my Son Vocal. in MT. (P2). Any good games can let children have interest on Chinese ? What abt chinese Logical games ?

Cheers

yumiao

Hi Connie. I use many ICT and multimedia resources. Of course it must be related to the content. One reason is it is more fun. You see kids cannot remember some simple text but can memorize all the songs and movies. It really works and my students enjoy it. If u want further discussion, do contact me with evert_ren@yahoo.com or 96786181.

Connie08

Hi,

Is anyone have ideal whether those "mai Jiong" type of Game to form the chinese word is that good ? I saw it in one of the stall in Popular book shop.

yumiao

Hi Connie
No, you can't use it for your kid. You may use it as a tool to form words so that u don't have to prepare so many flash cards. But if u want to play that game formally, it is very very difficult. I did it with my students, and all A* students. But they just can't.

Connie08

Hi,

Thanks for yr feedback..recently I saw that is a board game call "Fun with Chinese" for Pri 1 & 2 students. Is that good ?

yumiao

Hi all. I think some of you may know that I am from a tuition centre. Recently another two centres came and looking for cooperation, bcoz I was well known as using of multimedia and IT in teaching.

Now, I choose to work with eTutor, which is a tuition centre set up by Zhi Shi Bao (好朋友,知识画报,知识报). And my centre is going to be a branch of them. I choose them bcoz they have full range of resources (books, e-text book, on line learning resource, CD-roms) ready to use.

Soon I will set up new branches in either Punggol/Sengkang area, or Sembawan.

Cheers

MoonFlower

Hi Connie,

Just to share, I just bought those card types from popular expo fair is like the Majong tiles( i saw it just that it was a bit ex and i worry will be come white elephant besides I fidn the tiles might be also heavy) but these are in cards form and only $4 per box. You can try to check with popular stores. Children will sure to learn through play, there are many type of games or things you can let yr child play with but you need to guide him/her as a parent and also set yr objective.

Connie08

Is it ? can give me the name? easy for me to search in expo..went the Popular book fair at expo last sunday but like didn't saw that kind of the game leh..

Thanks

Connie08

Hi,
Thanks, I manage to get it from Kiddy palace (got 20% this) about $4.70 per box..(as I hv checked with Popular staff in S'pore expo, they claim that they didn't sell ! ), I have try the "Han Zi Bo Shi Pin want Da Ka" but a bit hard to play..I have try another one call "Wen Zi Bo Shi Pin want Da Ka"is easy and most importantly my son like to play that !

cheers

Last edited: