Liquid or powder detergent

imapril

Dear all,

I have been using baby powder detergent to wash nappies but recently i found flakes on nappies.

Will the liquid type cause flakes too? Does the quality of the nappies matter?

Please advice. Thank you

diymummy

I use powder detergent and I machine wash. So far there're not flakes. I'm using Pigeon brand nappies. The powder detergent I'm also using Pigeon brand. Last time I used Tollyjoy brand powder detergent and I noticed that there are flakes and it's not very clean wash. After I change to Pigeon brand it's better. I'm not too sure abt quality of nappy coz I use only the Pigeon brand one...

apollo

ds is always using diapers but we still got use nappy cloths for other purpose.. Maxkool brand is very good... maybe u can try? =)

imapril

Last time I used Tollyjoy brand powder detergent and I noticed that there are flakes and it's not very clean wash.
Oic, i forgot to mention that i am also using Tolly powder and Anaka nappy. Hmm...might be the powder.

Last edited:

imapril

dear son is always using diapers but we still got use nappy cloths for other purpose.. Maxkool brand is very good... maybe you can try? =)
Same as you...i am using nappy as pillow and to wrap him for sleep though he is 5 months already. Wonder if he can use pillow already cuz new born no need.

Last edited:
oh, thanks, will try Pigeon brand..
I use powder detergent and I machine wash. So far there're not flakes. I'm using Pigeon brand nappies. The powder detergent I'm also using Pigeon brand. Last time I used Tollyjoy brand powder detergent and I noticed that there are flakes and it's not very clean wash. After I change to Pigeon brand it's better. I'm not too sure about quality of nappy coz I use only the Pigeon brand one...

diymummy

Lucky you Jasobias.. So wish my baby can be like yours... Hahaha... I have hyper sensitive baby.. Till today I still don't dare to change to use our normal washing powder...

apollo

ok...til he reach 1 year old?
i not v sure.. but my pd told me babies dont nd at all.. tt's y i stop giving ds any pillow. except those adult pillow to keep him upright aft his feeding and when he is coughing =)