$$ Loan Off

LoVeS

Actually i am seeking advice on behalf of my mom. My mom lend my sis's husband $$ for their hdb deposit it been 2yrs ago but ever since my sis n her husband on seperation in law, my bro in law refuse to return the $$ n anyhow claim tat it my mom gave it to him. It not a small sum of $$ ard 20k++ so my mom is rather upset n duno how to do in order to get back the $$ sumore they nv sign IOU which now having prob getting the $$ back. Any mummies haf any solution for tis? TIA !! :embarrassed:

jedamum

Actually i am seeking advice on behalf of my mom. My mom lend my sis's husband $$ for their hdb deposit it been 2yrs ago but ever since my sis n her husband on seperation in law, my bro in law refuse to return the $$ n anyhow claim tat it my mom gave it to him. It not a small sum of $$ ard 20k++ so my mom is rather upset n duno how to do in order to get back the $$ sumore they nv sign IOU which now having prob getting the $$ back. Any mummies haf any solution for tis? TIA !! :embarrassed:
no IOU is a bad move....
is there any correspondence...any email etc?
if not, it is very very difficult to get it back as there is no evidence.
btw just for info, even with IOU, i read somewhere that 7 yrs after initiating the return of $$, if no $$ or act of returning has been done, the loan is considered void.

anyway, after the sales of the flat, even if your mum can't claim back from your ex-bro-in-law, i think it is apt that your sis at least return your mum the $$.

LoVeS

Prob is most of the $$ pay for the flat is pay by cpf when after the flat is sold most of the $$ go back cpf n not much cash left which haf to divide by my sis n her ex husband wor. I doubt there are much cash left. Ya i aso knw very problematic when no IOU :embarrassed: