London

Is there any cheap clothes to buy or cosmetic brands?
Cheap clothes you must check out Primark. Exit from marble arch you can see the brown building. They have mens, women, kids clothes, lingerie, shoes n accessories n household stuff like bedsheets. Very cheap compared to many British brands. Better if you can go in the morning. Cos Its always crowded. My fav haunt whenever I'm in London.

THE SAID'S

What's there to buy in London? Marble Arch nearby got any nice and cheap stuff that "must buy"?
You should venture London on foot if you can .. do a bit of homework before you go .. there are several cheap souvenir shops around there, and many along River Thames. Harrods store has nice building; Clarks shoes worth buying; fine bone china e.g Wedgwood, Spode ... Try making way to Camden Market or Nottinghill on weekends for some good flea market stuff. Otherwise, Marks & Spencer is also worth looking coz they carry variety of stuff in several levels unlike in Singapore. Hope you enjoy your London trip!

Mummy_J

Hello,

You may consider the following which should be cheaper than SG after VAT refund (GST refund):
a) Buy toys for children, you can try Hamleys along Oxford street but they may not be cheap. Get german-made wooden toys or the classic paddington bear
b) Buy books for children - UK published many titles of children's book including Harry Potter, Narnia etc. I like this book " This is London" by M Sasek.
c) Buy food for children - Cheese and English tea?
d) Buy clothes for children - H&M, Gap, Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Clarks, Burberry

Unfortunately, most of the cheaper stuff are not made in England (Most likely in China)