Longer feed interval and qty remains

Astar

My 2.5mo old boy is stretching his milk feed to almost 5 hours apart in the day, with each intake at 90ml only. He can't finish any thing more than 90ml. He used to drink 90ml every 3 hours apart. Recently, it dragged to 5 hours apart.

If i try to feed him every 3 hours, i'll end up throwing the milk away. Only when he crys, then i feed him now. But, i'm worried about the long interval and quantity of milk. Other than tat, he is happy and active, and he takes water with no problem too.

Should I be worry?

At night, he wakes up every 3 hours for milk.... =_=

How i wish it is the other way round!! :err::err:

my pediatrician gave me a formula once to calculate if baby is drinking enough milk. this formula is only applicable when baby is on all milk diet.

take his weight multiply by 150ml divided by number of feeds a day for the lower limit
take his weight multiply by 200ml divided by number of feeds a day for the upper limit

so as long as your baby is drinking at that range, it is enough.

as for switching sleeping time around, i think there's a thread somewhere in this forum that talks about this... maybe you can check it out.

==================

it's here http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f40/how-correct-newborn-sleeping-time-20302/

Ting

then maybe u change to give him water at night n milk in the day?
cos maybe in the day u give him water, so somehow he too full for milk.

apollo

My 2.5mo old boy is stretching his milk feed to almost 5 hours apart in the day, with each intake at 90ml only. He can't finish any thing more than 90ml. He used to drink 90ml every 3 hours apart. Recently, it dragged to 5 hours apart.

If i try to feed him every 3 hours, i'll end up throwing the milk away. Only when he crys, then i feed him now. But, i'm worried about the long interval and quantity of milk. Other than that, he is happy and active, and he takes water with no problem too.

Should I be worry?

since tt's the case, dont give him water... one of the reason pds discourage water during 1st 6mths is becos, babies need milk and not water...

snowbear

If i try to feed him every 3 hours, i'll end up throwing the milk away. Only when he crys, then i feed him now. But, i'm worried about the long interval and quantity of milk. Other than that, he is happy and active, and he takes water with no problem too.

Should I be worry?

Maybe try not to feed him water since his milk intake is not satisfactory. He doesn't need water anyway since he's below 6 months and not on semisolids yet. Water takes up space in the small tummy so not feeding him water and giving him milk instead may be better.