Looking for a Confinement Lady

yeen

Hello

I am a first time mother to be and am looking for a confinement lady.

How does this work? Does she stay with me or drop in during the day? How long is the confinement period?
How much do we normally pay for such services?

My baby is due in March next year. I am going to need all the help I can get.. Never had to take care of a baby before and although I am very excited, I also have no idea what to expect. :)

Thanks!

aby

Hi Yeen!

My CL stayed with us 24 hrs, cooked for me, hb, mom and 2yo boi then.. She bathed my bb n boi, does all housework etc except my mom washes and hanged her own clothes.. She's very hardworking and even take initiatives to help clear any clutter in the house..

We adores her.. If u interested to find out more abt her, pls PM me your EDD, addy and details of pple staying in ur home.. She needs all these details to decide whether to take up the assignment..

Each assignment is 28 days and costs S$1800/-..

A date will be set before the assignment for both parties to interview one another.. Upon acceptance, a deposit will be collected to BOOK her for that certain period of time..

Cheers!

yeen

Hi Aby

Thank youf ro the quick reply! I was actually thinking of someone who could just drop by for a few hours each day just to help me with the baby. As for the other chores, I should be able to manage with my husband.
Would the lady consider an arrangement like that?

aby

Hmmm.. The 2 CL contacts I have wont do such arrangement..

Well, You may want to ask around ur neighbourhood for recommendations among the neighbours or among ur relatives..

lisa_ng

some local CL does confinement in the day time only. but i heard local CL a ex. mayb u ma wan to consider have a full time CL from malaysia. :)

aby

Hi yeen, if you happen to be able to engage a helper who can assist you a few hours a day type, it's good that you can 1st sit down with her and brief her of all the duties you expected her to do and fix a charges.. It's will be best if it can be documented and signed by both parties of all the agreements..

Reason is my hb's SIL engaged a well recommended neighbour for similar asignments. All are verbal. But things din go well, and duties performed in a unsatifactory manner. Though our SIL din short change her and pay the charges as agreed, it became somehow stressful for her to see things not done well, esp during this crucial and important confinement period.. Pain and tired yet need to tell and re-tell expectation yet not met..

A good experienced helper is very very important at confinement. It's a great joy and bonus if we can have one whom we can totally "hand-off" and one who is pro-breastfeeding and very automatic in all the duties.. Confinement period is a QUEEN time for the mommy.. She deserved a good restful 28 days! :tlaugh:

Worst after the assignment, this helper spread nasty stuff to the whole neighbourhood!

My sis has engaged one lousy $1800 one. All the tonic are left untouch which she claim ignorance of the tonic use and the way to cook them.. And worst, my nephew smells after his full month!! :elvis: I smell and smell him and he just don't have that baby smell but smell yarks!!! Upon checking, to all our horror, the behind ears, neck and fold areas are all sticky and smelly.. I turn to my sis and ask how she clean him each day. She showed me. Haiz, A cloth from top to feet!!!! I told her off and she replied "that's the way the CL did wat, of cos I follow exactly the same!" After thinking, to be fair to my sis, yes, true enough a CL is not only a helper, she's the one who give valuable guidance to the new mommy (esp 1st bb) in areas of caring the baby, cooking, breastfeeding and sometime a listener/counseller if the mommy shows some post-natal blue sighs etc.. Back to my poor smelly nephew, we showed my sis how to wash him. Cotton balls on eyes (a brand new for each new area), behind ears etc.. The poor baby suffered so much as the dirt has been there for days.. When we cleaned, skin peel off and he screamed in pain!! Poor baby! :wong19:After couple of proper cleaning, he's the chubby and smell-good handsome boy boy now!! :red:

Haiz to all those lousy CL, collecting high fees yet do nothing.. No difference to a cheat!! :elvis:

The arrival of a new baby is of great miracle and JOY!! Try to minimise such so as not to dampen the JOYOUS spirit!! :Dancing_wub:

Cheers!

ct77

well,thanx...just thought wanna share something wif other mommies.i'm a mommy too....my baby boy is 10mth old....

jupiter

you can try to look for a confinement lady at 88db website, i noticed that mnay people have posted their ad in it.

Trish

Hi Aby,

I am also looking for for a reliable CL. I have PM the details to you.
It is indeed not easy to find a dependable CL.

Last edited:

rena076

Hi Aby,

I am also looking for for a reliable CL. I have PM the details to you.
It is indeed not easy to find a dependable CL.

Hi Girls,

I f you ned a CL , I do have one very good one to intro but she is very hot . she was my CL for my first kid and will be doing for my #2 in June as well. I have introduce clsoe to 15 friends to her and all with good comments.

jsut email me for her contacts

johnnylst

Alpha Male
hi all,

my friend had a CL from malaysia,,,will stay 24/7 with you all...cook and took a good care of the babies and mummies..hehehe

never regret hiring her...her whole family actually work as CL ( from Penang ) like a generation job...sometimes she will come to Sg to work thru agent..

if wan to know more, can always PM me...

elliuzioin

May I ask when is the proper timing I should start finding a confinement lady? I heard ppl tell me 6 mths before my EDD have to start booking them. My EDD is on 5th Sep. When exactly should i start looking?

gwee

Hi,

can i have her name and contact no? wat is her rate?
Hi Girls,

I f you ned a CL , I do have one very good one to intro but she is very hot . she was my CL for my first kid and will be doing for my #2 in June as well. I have introduce clsoe to 15 friends to her and all with good comments.

jsut email me for her contacts

JeannieKhor

May I ask when is the proper timing I should start finding a confinement lady? I heard ppl tell me 6 mths before my EDD have to start booking them. My EDD is on 5th Sep. When exactly should i start looking?
Let me introduce my self.
I'm working as a Confinement Nanny for the pass 3 yrs in JB, Kuala Lumpur, Penang & Ipoh. My age is 50 yrs old & I can speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien & Hakka. I had undergone training through my aunt who had 16 yrs experience as a confinement nanny. My friend who is a Paediatrician on breastfeeding & baby care has also trained me.
I serve 3 meals plus tea snacks per day. Breakfast is serve either nourishing noodles with meat & vegetables or western breakfast. Lunch & Dinner are serve with soup, meat/fish & vegetables. Tea snack is serve with light desert. Tonic drink is serve during the night for the mother to consume before she goes to bed. Nursing the mother health back to prenatal state is important.
Mother's bathroom will be cleaned 2-3 days once due to the stain cause by the herbal water. Before I leave the bathroom I use will also be cleaned.
Baby will be taken care day & night. Taking care of the baby hygiene, bath, change nappy, help the mother to breastfeed the baby day & night.

This year I'm already been booked until JUNE'09 & I'm still available from Mid Sept'09 onwards. If interested please contact me +6012 517 9748 or email to jeannie.khor@yahoo.com

Last edited:

kym

Yes, some even book the cl when they are confirmed pregnant. : )

khata81

:err: my CL i recommend earlier had a bad fall and when thru a server op. Now she is recuperating at home. Just hope she recover fast!

Last edited: