Looking for maid and confinment lady

milkshake

Hi everyone

I'm currently about 11 weeks pregnant and I've been asked by my mom to look for a permanent live-in maid and a confinment lady. As we're not local, I really don't know where to start.

Can anyone give me good recommendation for maid agencies? I'm looking for filipino maid hopefully with experience of taking care of housechores, cook and baby.

As for confinmenet lady - how does one go about looking for one? I hear most of the time its through word-of-mouth but coming from another country it's quite hard for me to find one. Does one need to 'interview' these potential confinement ladies?

Any recommendations/suggestions is most greatly appreciated!

hpc

I think is too early to get a maid,as for confinement maid need to book 1 first as next yr is dragon yr more babies

janicehoon

Hi everyone

I'm currently about 11 weeks pregnant and I've been asked by my mom to look for a permanent live-in maid and a confinment lady. As we're not local, I really dont't know where to start.

Can anyone give me good recommendation for maid agencies? I'm looking for filipino maid hopefully with experience of taking care of housechores, cook and baby.

As for confinmenet lady - how does one go about looking for one? I hear most of the time its through word-of-mouth but coming from another country it's quite hard for me to find one. Does one need to 'interview' these potential confinement ladies?

Any recommendations/suggestions is most greatly appreciated!
Hi Miss Milkshake,

It’s very important to get a good and recommended confinement lady.

Can you speak speak chinese, malay or any dialect ?

My current confinement lady is from perak in malaysia, she just arrived on 31/10 Monday 6pm after an 8hrs trip and will be staying for 28 days in my house.

She is friendly, can cook well & take good care of baby. She would also help to cook some food for me, my husband and herself. She would help to do washing of baby & mine clothings.

You need to book her in advance and informed her your EDD so she will reserved the slot for you without any booking fee.

I called her after my delivery and she was able to arrive on a short notice subject to her booking of bus trip to singapore.

She won’t work during chinese new year. If you are interested, you may like to book her for your confinement period.

Do not trust your filipino maid to take care of your precious newborn especially first time mum like me cau they will not know the things to look out for ? Example when they should increase formula milk gradually, watch out for baby poo colour and proper way to carry , feed the baby and burping to get rid of some of the air that babies tend to swallow during feeding.

:wong29::wong19::shyxxx:

Last edited:

babystarlet

Dear mummies, I've just delivered My second baby in oct 2011.And I'm currently still
Doing my confinement.
I would like to recommend my confinement lady to whoever need.
I fully understand how stressful it is to find a good confinement lady.

She's from Indonesia, batam. A Chinese . She can cook proper confinement food and ca. Take good care of baby.

She's also very hardworking. When she's free, she will help mop and sweep the room.
she also don't mind cook for my hubby and mum as well.she gets along well with my mum who's staying in with me.

Do email me at xoxotweetgal@yahoo.com for her contact.

As she's still in spore, u may talk to her or meet up with her face to face.

As a word of advise, some mummies would like to save money and DIY confinement. I urge u to spend the money if u can , because having a confinement lady really makes a difference.

All the best !

milkshake

thanks.

i want a maid early so i can start training her.

as for confinment lady, i think my biggest problem is being unable to speak mandarin which i find most confinement ladies speak as their primary language. My cantonese is 'so-so' only. Haih :\

shalinna

hi... im provide confinement nanny services at reasonable rates.. im freelance nanny. feel free pls contact me at 8505-3939.
for more details.... thanks,