Losing hair by the handful!!

Frenchkitty

Help! When my baby turned 4mths old. I started losing LOTS of hair until now he is 5mths old but I am still losing hair by the handful!!

My hair is so thin now and so awful!!
Any mums experience the same things?? How to stop it and make hair grow faster??

can try using Momessential shampoo and little condition pantene hair fall control? i also drop lots n lots of hair till i cut short lo.. now condition is improving.. i

iwan2noe

Help! When my baby turned 4mths old. I started losing LOTS of hair until now he is 5mths old but I am still losing hair by the handful!!

Any mums experience the same things?? How to stop it and make hair grow faster??
Hi,
is ur scalp oily? if it is you can start by making ur scalp less oily.. oily scalp means got sebum, and when this happen, u hair tends to be weaker and thus u drop hair quite badly.. If u are not breastfeeding, u can go to the hair salon i go to do scalp treatment.. 1 time i can see that the scalp is improving.
After i did my 1st treatment i realise i am pregnant so cant do le.. will try to go as soon as i can go after i give birth =P

Another way is u can cut short ur hair as longer hair tends to weight down ur scalp thus causing tension hence making it easier to fall. Ur hair drop could also be due to hormone readjusting themselves since u have given birth...

IF ur condition is serious, it is best to seek professional medical help ok?

Take care!

apollo

me too!!! and also when ds turn 4 mth old!!!! but actu b4 i was preg, i also lose lotsa hair.. just tt during preg my hair didnt drop at all...

Clover88

why not try to apply fresh aloe vera to your scalp and your hair?
i'm not pregnant, but since move to singapore, I had hair problem. It is getting better now after I apply fresh aloe vera to my scalp 2x or 1x a week, leave it at least for 1 hour and then get shower.

It's a cheap, healthy and nice way...^.^

Lynnie

I started losing hair when my girl turns 3 mths, now still losing hair by the hundreds everyday. Been 1.5 mths of hair loss already!!
Nothing much we can do as the hair is in the resting stage now.. have to continue washing your hair everyday thou' its scary to see so much hair come off, have to keep the scalp clean! Don't despair, this period will pass soon...
If you have long hair, can try to cut it short too...

sugarcookie

I started losing hair when my baby was 3mths. She is 6.5mths now and I'm still losing hair, but the amount is decreasing.

I used to be really freaked out whenever I brushed/washed my hair though. The amount of hair that dropped out was just scary.

Ting

my hair also dropped alot.
but my hair super thick. i still need to go thinning every month....

diymummy

It's normal to lose hair after birth. Some will drag on till your baby is 1yo. I used hair tonic introduced by my hair dresser. It's pretty good. If you're interested I can sell to you. I still left a lot. I used a bit but the effects were pretty good. It could also be that I'm lucky that my hair stopped dropping when my boy turned 6mths.

june_lim

My son is already 15th mth but i still drop alot of hair. Have try many ways but still.....Really don't know what can be done?

Lynnie

My colleague ask me to try "Bawang" hair fall control shampoo... Says it works for her. She used to be using Phyto before that but doesn't seem to help much.

fioncess

My hair also drop alot when my aby turn 3 mth..
2 weeks alr... drop more n more...
scary...
i bf now.
i heard ppl say if stop bf will drop even more hair. Is it true???

jaymumys

Dear Mummies,

according to experiences. It'd be good to control your emotions & salt intake.
& at the same time, Invest In a good Hair Loss Control shampoo & Hair Growth Product
that suits yourself.

There's plenty of products in the market nowadays. It's quite individual, as some may cause you to end up have too dry hair results in dandruff or split hair, and others may not.

I used this brand call "Energizing", i'm not sure whether have I got the name correctly. Can be purchased from Storm salon at tampines, but very expensive. One Big Bottle cost $60+. I always bought my at those parallel import shop, then again always out of stock, at ard $30+. Work equally same. Has been using it for 3yrs plus. But not daily. Alternate days, i'll use other normal shampoo. As it's quite dry for my hair.
It really reduce hair loss quite significantly.

Then for Hair Grow, I use two products. One is a tonic product to be use sometimes. Forgoten the name.... :p

& the other is call La Soie(I tink), a korean product.
Recommended by my hairstylist. Amazing product. can't get anywhere else. ....
She told me to use daily. I find it too expensive to do so. I use about 2-3 times a week.
So far, used abt 10times already. Have plenty of baby hair start growing all over. Now it looks quite unkept....but Hey!

I'm happy....cause my top head tends to have lesser hair... :)
Now it looks alittle messy but more hair standing...... :)

THE SAID'S

My son is already 15th month but i still drop alot of hair. Have try many ways but still.....Really dont't know what can be done?
I agree with you. My boy is 17 mths now and am still breastfeeding him. The hair loss was bad the first few months, and i decided to cut my hair short. Using good shampoo in the market doesn't help ... so i leave it to nature to take its course. I try as much as possible not to brush my hair and blow dry too often. I guess, the hormone imbalances that cause havoc to our crowning glory.

kitty

My friend just recommened me an antioxidant for hair dropping,i just took it for about a week.It had some improvement.

Just Sharing

Stan

I started losing hair when my baby was 3mths. She is 6.5mths now and I'm still losing hair, but the amount is decreasing.

I used to be really freaked out whenever I brushed/washed my hair though. The amount of hair that dropped out was just scary.
I am freaking out now!!!