Low B/Milk

viv

Hi all mummies, don't seem to have much breast milk to feed. Does any one know how we can increase our breast milk supply? Is there any food / supplement that can be taken to help increase?

there are nursing tea that helps. try sacred tea , and drink lots of water. u can also try to latch and express balance out. if use pump, try dual pump. first few days will have lesser milk.

and also try to hand express, it might help also

ast0212

Hi viv, how old is your baby? Has he/she been pooing and peeing lots (6-8 wet nappies)? Is bub having around 6-8 feeds or more in 24 hours and appears generally content?

What symptoms of low supply are you experiencing? (such as less than 5 wet nappies in 24 hours, dark yellow/orange pee, baby losing weight and has loose wrinkly skin, baby has dry mouth and lips)

If bub is feeding lots, poos and pees lots, is putting on some weight over a period of time (not week to week basis but over a few weeks), is content and seems alert, then they are certainly getting all they need from you :)

venussnow

Have u tried pumping at regular intervals like 2-3h? It'll help to build up milk supply coz I had the same prob initially

gerrymao

Hi Worthy Lady

A few of my friends and I took this product when we were breastfeeding - Moringa tea and have benefiited from it. It is a natural product. Recently, I saw in another forum a seller selling the tea bags and capsules and bought the products as it is also good for general well being. Let me know if you are keen to consider and I will provide the details.

Information extracted from the forum thread :
(NaturalNews) The moringa tree is grown in southeast Asia and Africa as a source of food. Tall seed pods grow from the flowers of the moringa tree, giving moringa the nickname "drumstick tree." Moringa leaf is found in some superfood recipes because of its high calcium and potassium content. Moringa leaf tea is used specifically by midwives to increase breast milk production in lactating mothers. According to an Agriculture Business Week news article, moringa leaf has been promoted by the World Health Organization (WHO) for years as an inexpensive health booster for poor countries. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recognizes moringa leaf for its high vitamin A, C, iron, and HDL cholesterol levels. The herb has been scientifically proven as an anti-bacterial agent, and as a way to improve glucose tolerance in diabetic rats. Moringa root bark has been clinically demonstrated to be an effective treatment for post-menopausal ovarian cancer, but should not be used by women of childbearing age.

Learn more:
http://www.naturalnews.com/034976_moringa_breastfeeding_diabetes.html#ixzz2LDAeLG9K

P/S : I am just sharing my personal experience benefitting from the product.

ling.er

Recently I have low supply too. When my baby was 1 month I can pump 100-120ml after latch but now not much.. Sometime my bb latch also can see she not full...
I feel stress about this
feguneek can take up to 9 pill per day & drink more water more soup will help..
Milo n oats help too..
Now I'm drinking kind of herb from Thai .. Intro by my cousin wife which she take that n did boost her supply

Qookie

Diligently pumping every 3 hours (especially at nights) helped me a lot! It's really tiring. And some times i nearly fall asleep pumping. But it seriously helps maintain the supply.

Windcloud

Help ! BM decreasing ... ;( ... have Twins to feed.

Initially, during 1st month, I pumped twice a day with latching. It increased from 30-40ml per session to at least 120-130ml after 2 weeks and peaked at 150ml or more for another 2 weeks.

However, towards the end of 2nd month, the supply slowly drops to 100-120ml per sessions. Then I tried latching more with no pumping or just 1 pump for a week. And the supply suddenly drops drastically !!! To only 50-80ml per session !!!!

Now end of 3rd month, only 40-70ml per session !!! (I pump twice a day) ;(

It's dropping ;( how ?

Hence, I tried fenugreek for a week but no effect and I now try pumping 3 times a day (for a few days) but supply didn't increase, still at 40-70ml per session.

I eat fish daily & drink papaya fish head soup every 2-3 days but seems not taking effect ;(

Any other methods that can boost milk supply per session significantly ? Pls hlp !

Sobz sobz sobz

JazN

beside direct latching u also need to pump to 'empty' the breasts. stress, having menses etc will also affect supply. how much water u drink also helps w supply.

if anyone int in fenugreek, bm tea, etc pm me as am doing spree direct from usa price cheaper than retail stores.

Initially, during 1st month, I pumped twice a day with latching. It increased from 30-40ml per session to at least 120-130ml after 2 weeks and peaked at 150ml or more for another 2 weeks.

However, towards the end of 2nd month, the supply slowly drops to 100-120ml per sessions. Then I tried latching more with no pumping or just 1 pump for a week. And the supply suddenly drops drastically !!! To only 50-80ml per session !!!!

It's dropping ;( how ?

Hence, I tried fenugreek for a week but no effect and I now try pumping 3 times a day (for a few days) but supply didn't increase, still at 40-70ml per session.

I eat fish daily & drink papaya fish head soup every 2-3 days but seems not taking effect ;(

Any other methods that can boost milk supply per session significantly ? Pls hlp !

Sobz sobz sobz

Nikitan

Hi mummies,

I drink this Organic Milkmaid Tea while breastfeeding my baby, it really helps.
Few months ago I stopped breastfeeding my boy, but there is still 10 boxes with me.
Any mummies interested to have it?

It is SGD10 per box including postage. PM me if you are interested.

Expiry: April 2015
milkmaid-tea_1.jpg

It's dropping ;( how ?

Sobz sobz sobz
Hey Windcloud,

Try these recipes: Fish tail and papaya soup, which is good for breastfeeding mommies because it helps increase milk supply. Another recipe that helps is fish head and green papaya soup, this one is also good for mummies who are lactating. Let us know how it goes =)