Low Lying Placenta - Please Help!!!!

Prune

Alpha Male
Hi,

My wife is in her 34th week and today during checkup, Gynae said her placenta very low (never say how low), may not be able to give birth naturally unless c-sect. Will go back to another checkup in 3 weeks time to see if it has moved up. Gynae said will loss a lot of blood and there is a small risk that need to remove the ovary totally.

Really worried now, read up in the net that this is quite common and most will move up. Want to ask anyone has the same experience or delivered via c-sect because of this problem? Anyone knows the risk?

Really worried now, looking forward to my baby girl but at the same time really hope everything will be ok.

Thank you

ginko

it depends on how low is the placenta. If it lies completely over the cervix, then must do c-section. If not, maybe no need. Only your doctor can tell you that. I had a low placenta on my second pregnancy but it moved up as the baby grows. I don't remember when exactly it moved up. I read only 0.5 to 1% of placentas remain low-lying at the end of the pregnancy, which is not a lot. So fingers crossed for your wife!

The risk is that your wife may have bleedings (light or heavy). Go and see the doctor when it happens. To prevent that, tell her not to carry anything heavy. I don't know if you have an other child. I stopped carrying my #1 when he was 13 mo. Whenever he wanted a cuddle, I let him sit on me.

angelwendy

it gotta depends on how low.. when i was early month preggy.. gynae also say that mine is a bit low.. but when i reach 2nd tri.. it move up... but as long as no bleeding.. i think is ok.. but if gynae suggest to c sect.. pls listen.. because just to be on the safe side.. some risk cannot take.. take care...

Prune

Alpha Male
So far my wife no bleeding (touch wood) and her placenta is anterior. Read from the web that the risk will be the cut will be where the placenta is. Told myself not to get too worried and stay off the net (some of the things you read really scary) and hope the placenta will move up for natural birth. Sigh.

caixia

hi Prune,

my gynae told me tat my placenta is low after vetting thru my full scanned results when im 5 mths preggy. Im oso worried abt it. To "save" myself n baby, i increased my protein intake cos protein is highly esstential to build up muscles n e fitness of internal organs. When im 5 mths preggy, my tummy looks like im 7mths. Tis is more worrying n tiring with a HUGE tummy. At e next chkup, my gynae said my placenta is nt low le. OH....HEAVEN bless. mi n hubby feel so at ease.
Nw i had given birth n baby gal is nw 6mths. n my heavy protein intake makes me a COW nw. cos im pumping at least 10-12oz of milk a time. very in need of SOS for help in clearing e milk. cos over 100 storages of containers where my gal cnt finish.