Low Placenta

irisskk

Hi,

Currently in my 25 week. Just went for check up yesterday and was told by my gyna that i had low placenta. Very worry as never encounter this dduring my 1st girl. :tsad:

dovey55sg

My gynae says low lying placenta might shift up during the 3rd trimester. So just try to rest more with your feet up where possible. Now worry so much also can't do anything about it.

Mine's on the low side too. And I'm currently 26wks.

irisskk

My gynae says low lying placenta might shift up during the 3rd trimester. So just try to rest more with your feet up where possible. Now worry so much also can't do anything about it.

Mine's on the low side too. And I'm currently 26wks.

Thanks. so when your edd. mine 06/11/10

minako85

Hi,

Currently in my 25 week. Just went for check up yesterday and was told by my gyna that i had low placenta. Very worry as never encounter this dduring my 1st girl. :tsad:
I think u shld ly in bed n rest as much as u can.... Dun do anything to over exert yourself....

shopaholic

I had a low placenta for my 2nd child, so low it was estimated to be only 1cm away from cervix. Each time I went for my gynae appt, I would be scanned for see if it had shifted up since I intend to go for natural birth. I still recalled in one of the visits, the abdominal scan couldnt tell the position very accurately and I had to undergo a vaginal scan for this. But glad that I went through it, it showed the placenta had shifted upwards and for the next appts, shifted even further up that my gynae assured me that I could go through natural birth with no worries.

So dont worry, placenta could move up in the later stage of your pregnancy.

eurostar

Mine also + there is fibroiod which might block baby head from turniung downward, so might need c-section
gynae say nothing much I can do....just hope baby can "kick" himself against fibroid

till now enjoy the pregancy honeymoon period :)

PTB7476

hi ladies, i dont undersatnd - what is low planceta?
that means the placenta is position at the lower part of the uterus and normally it is still not much of a considered in the early stage as the placenta will move upward as the pregnany progress however if the placenta still remain low ie
the placenta covers your cervix at the end of your pregnancy, your baby's exit route through your vagina will be blocked. The placenta may be partly covering your cervix (partial placenta praevia) or completely covering it (major placenta praevia). Either way, your baby will need to be born by C section

Justina

hi ladies, i dont undersatnd - what is low planceta?
Hello anna, if you view these images low lying placenta - Google Search, you can understand better what is low lying placenta. it's quite common during second trimester of pregnancy. it can be partial, marginal or complete low-lying. expectant mother are not able to try for natural birth if the 'placenta' is blocking the birth canal. but most placenta will move up as the pregnancy advances.

i too had low lying placenta when i was pregnant with Elden but it eventually moved up.

hope this helps :)

sunburst

I had low placenta for my 2nd boy... It was initially partially covering the cervix, even though bb was nicely in position. I was so scared tt I could not go for natural delivery as I am terrified of having a c-sect. Thankfully towards the last month, my placenta just cleared the cervix so I could try for natural delivery. Thankfully my Gynae allowed me to go for natural delivery, coz I have heard tt usually just clear of cervix most Gynae won't allow due to high risk of over bleeding or tt placenta might block cervix when dilated.