Maid can go hme for good b4 contract ends?

sharonyi66

My maid's contract will end in 1st week of Jan 2011 and she told me that they are allow to go home for good 2 weeks earlier before their actual contract ends date.

Is this true? Is there any website I can check with?

Becoz if she doesn't want to renew her contract with us, I will want her to finish her contract then send her back. If she decided to continue work for us for another 2 years, I will allow her to take home leave for 2 weeks as she wanted to spend xmas and new year back home.

Any advise?

Last edited:

coyotefr00

My maid's contract will end in 1st week of Jan 2011 and she told me that they are allow to go home for good 2 weeks earlier before their actual contract ends date.

Is this true? Is there any website I can check with?

Becoz if she doesn't want to renew her contract with us, I will want her to finish her contract then send her back. If she decided to continue work for us for another 2 years, I will allow her to take home leave for 2 weeks as she wanted to spend xmas and new year back home.

Any advise?
It depends very much of the agreement signed between you and your maid.

Normally, when a fresh maid come to SIN with loan liabilities, they will signed on 2 years contract with you with a clause to give notice of leaving within one week or so (depends on the agreement). Due to loan liability, you have to send them back to agent for a transfer to secure your upfront loan to her. Likewise, the maid can exercise her rights to terminate her services with you by giving advance notice once their loan period is over.

In other word, you maid can request to go home anytime (with given notice as per agreement) and you got to bear the repatriation cost.

So, if you maid would like to leave earlier than the stipulated contractual period by giving contractual notice, you will have to let go and send her home.

If you are paying home leave, in this case no home leave will be paid as long as she doesn't want to renew her contract. You can repatriate her on a mutual agreed date by buying her an air ticket.

Hope it helps.