Maids are backed to runaway

mummymaid1

maid2.jpg
I was reading MyPaper this morning and saw this unfair reply from Shirley Ng, Association of Employment Agencies. She is firmed to say employers had to cover the costs, hassle and time wasted on runaway maid. She used the reason maids earned lesser and already taking loan to come to Spore so employers had to cough out all the money incurred. Are we, employers earning a lot? Are we suppose to pay for levy, pro-rated insurance and agent fees in the event of runaway maids …. Yes, according to the reply of Shirley Ng. Does she know that if the maid runaway without good reasons, even if just worked for one day, employer liable to pay 21 days levy?

Shirley Ng focused on the money Writer suggested to defray costs on runaway maids. Does she know a maid may not necessary be earning lesser than those Bangladesh workers, Chinese workers or some Singaporeans? These foreign workers are also here on loans. She totally forgot a maid does not need to pay house rental nor her three meals while other workers and Singaporeans had to! If you take into consideration her salary $350/month + estimate house rental $300/month + meals provided ($3 x 3meals x 31 days) + toiletries & miscellaneous $50/month = $1000. This means employer had to invest $1000 on just one maid! Does Shirley Ng or government bodies know low income people survive with a household income of $1500 or below? Singaporeans slogging to earn $1500 is for feeding the whole family! Having a maid means employers are rich? Where did this theory come from?

Anybody noticed Writer mentioned runaway maids should be sent to the police station to verify whether she was really ill-treated. If she’s really ill-treated, the money set aside to defray costs has no effect on maid. Based on Shirley Ng’s reply, she is out to protect maids without taking into consideration what employers are going thru. She completely ignored the voices of employers who did not ill-treat the maids yet were played out by scheming or irresponsible maids.

She mentioned “The word “bullying” is inaccurately used by Madam Yeo. The term “bully” connotes an unequal relationship in which a stronger party intimidates a smaller or weaker one.” So we can say the stronger party (Association of Employment Agencies) is bullying a weaker one (Madam Yeo – no backing)?
maid1.jpg

mummymaid1

Wasn't able upload a clear & readable image here, happen to google 'runaway maid' and found the exact article on AsiaONE

Article from writer - Employers bullied by maids need help too
Ariticle from AEAS - Maid agents can help employers

I just realised I miscalculated.
Should be $360/mth (new salary scheme) + levy $170 + estimate house rental $300/mth + meals provided ($3 x 3meals x 31 days) + toiletries, medical & miscellaneous $50/mth = $1200. This means employer had to invest over $1000 on just one maid! If I hire somebody trustworthy and able to be a good helper, I dont mind cos its worth it!

If you get a job, eg as a cleaner or cashier, minus CPF, 3 meals, pay for housing, utilies & electrical expenses, transport and clothings ... how much are you left to keep? A maid gets $360/mth - flat rate, nothing will be deducted cos employers take care of the rest.

Lots of people who just want to stand up for maids, simply did it without putting themselves in our shoes. They liked to say employers who didn't give off day are in the wrong (unkind). If maids are responsible, fully utilize their brains to think and bear the consequences of their own actions (dont make employers suffer on their behalf), I believe most employers don't mind giving a rest day.

If one day MOM has a regulation for maid to answer for their own actions, I believe lots of employers would be relieved and be willing to let maids have a day off.

I believe maids can leave the employers' house officially (get agent find a new employer) instead of running away because many people out there are so eager to help even though maids were NOT ill-treated or abused! Take the example of the taxi driver which writer wrote in her article and AEAS, Shirley Ng.:elvis:

In conclusion, after google 'runaway maid' , I realised Employers are forsaken. They have to fight their own battles when come to runaway maid. :wideeyed:IF lucky to get a gd agent then u r not fighting alone.