Maid's off day on PH

Yuiyuwi

Dear mummies,

I have a dilemma. My helper is a Philipino Catholic. She wants to go out on 24/12 night (9pm) and only return home on 25/12 night (means she will stay overnight outside on 24/12). She also said she wants to off day on 1 Jan. I am not sure whether this is a norm. I would appreciate your advice or comment about this issue.

Thanks.

Hi, your contracy with ur maid has got off days written for her? Imo you shouldn't let her go overnight. Later something happen you are responsible. If she really wants, you can be nice and let her go 1 day leave on xmas itself and she has to be back before a agreed time. Same for new year. She got to understand she is here to work as a domestic helper. Not any other job . Any other job if something happeb to her, employee responsibility not so big cuz after working hours. Domestic helper is supposed to be our responsibility from the moment we collect her to the moment we send her off at the airport gate.

mummy nicole

Hi Yuiyuwi, you shouldn't let her out doing night time, if ever happens on her it is your duty and responsibility, as a employer you must have rule and regulation. If she's not comfortable it with, catholic or not then better search for another. :0

mummylovehubby

If that's maid, i will not allow to go out in the middle of the night even sometimes maybe might happen on her it might be a big problem, if its her free time then i allow..

sweetbaby99

If that's maid, i will not allow to go out in the middle of the night even sometimes maybe might happen on her it might be a big problem, if its her free time then i allow..