Malacca

mavis

Hi everyone

me and my friends will like to drive to Malacca during Dec but this is the 1st time we drive and go there. Would like to know wad should i look out for? and is it save to drive there?

:001_302:

January84

my friends always drove to malacca for food and leisure... simply relax... however the road there have many turns so you may need to prepares some pills incase any of you feel 晕车. esp kids... and the road is quite bumpy.

*friends travel the last time was in Aug this year.

yan2

been to here many times...no problem straight forward from singapore(tuas) to malacca...highway till you reached malacca town..if stop by police for speed, ask for a ticket and you will pay through internet, because they ask for money..

buy a GPS and it will bring you here..nice food and shopping.

Dora

Hi everyone

me and my friends will like to drive to Malacca during Dec but this is the 1st time we drive and go there. Would like to know wad should i look out for? and is it save to drive there?

:001_302:
I just went last sat. stay 4 1 nite @ Hotel Equatorial (best hotel there). Nxt to it a very huge shopping ctr, that sells kids, adults clothing and toys. gre8 plc to shop. at nite can consider gog to jonker street, like pasar malam, but super huge, sell alot of things. But the weather, is so hot and humid, its like 2X worst than singapore weather. so stay in shpg center during the day, nite then shop at Jonker street (historial plcs).

mavis

I just went last sat. stay 4 1 nite @ Hotel Equatorial (best hotel there). Nxt to it a very huge shopping ctr, that sells kids, adults clothing and toys. gre8 plc to shop. at nite can consider gog to jonker street, like pasar malam, but super huge, sell alot of things. But the weather, is so hot and humid, its like 2X worst than singapore weather. so stay in shpg center during the day, nite then shop at Jonker street (historial plcs).

Hi Dora

wow thks for the advise. just lyk too knw are the things ther cheap?
nv been there b4, hehe....
aft u have descride i feel lyk gng sooner haha
:tlaugh:

Endoh

Alpha Male
Try paying Portugese Seafood Village a visit. The seafood are caught fresh from the sea before they keep in the temporary tanks. You can actually see the jetty by the beach.

Mahkota Parade has some decent shopping. Same goes for Melaka Mall and Jaya Jusco. At least I go to Jusco to grab some cheap groceries before I come back to Singapore.

There's this little eating place at Ayer Keroh, just beside the huge Shell Petrol Station. It's like Singapore's old satay club. I've been eating there for years, very nice food.

Shopping is relatively cheap, but also depends on what products. Like groceries and such, needless to say - car boot always full. :p But if it's apparel or luxury items, not all are cheaper.

Yan07

Best hotel is EQUATORIAL. So far been to other hotel like Mahkota but not up to the standard. Furthermore enquatorial is the cleaniest among all i ve stayed.
Shopping wise, just beside the hotel which they called it Pahlawan .... They FOS and Reject shop there. The staff knows me too well coz we always go there every holiday. Find the place very peaceful and people r more friendly than in KL... Just my point of view

ilovekek

I have been to A'Farmosa...Nice place...I also went to mahkota parade to do some shopping.Nice place to shopping,quite cheap.

LWP6998

Alpha Male
i have been to malacca many times... very easy to go... from Singapore cross over to JB... be it Tuas or Causeway.. after you reach boleh land. head to the NS highway... will be on the streets everywhere... When you touch on North South Highway... just go straight for at least 2 to 3 hrs. depending on the speed you drive... just beware that the RMP love to conduct speed trap just b4 malacca (maybe about 30 to 45mins b4 reaching malacca exit..) so if you are not in a hurry to meet up with your friends there.... then hit below the speed limit...

after turning into the malacca exit (don't miss it or you will travel a really long distance to make a U-turn or you have to go into the small roads.. then you really need a GPS.. hahah...

Entering onto Malacca... you will see the welcome board... just go all the way straight (15 to 20mins depending on the traffic condition) till you reached a T-Junction... and left turn and travel with the signboard direction, you should be able to reach the city area in 10 mins.

Then enjoy your trip there.... few hotels i stayed, equatorial and renaissance hotel... both not too bad... i am looking forward to try holiday inn there...

then got to go to this ulu shop... i got the coordinates in my GPS.. share with you when i get the coordinates.. they sell really good peranakan food.. after watching little nonya... went all out to search for good nonya dishes... it's a small little family business and the staff and boss all quite humble... aiya talk more also no use... i will post again when i get the coordinates... then try to know, haha. btw, this shop is anyhow drive and then kena spotted one... not thru any recommendations...

enjoy...