Manual Pumps

~m3m~

Hi, heard that manual pumps are better in getting the milk flow or easier. Is that true? I know electric pumps do not work on some people and I am one of them. Why is that so? I am tempted to get a manual one but am afraid that it may not help too then it will be a waste of money. If it is true, I am thinking of getting a good conditioned 2nd manual pump to have a try (baby already a few months old, may be too late already). But, which brand? There are so many in the market. Really need urgent help from the mummies here who breastfeed their babies. Thanks.

Vone

Hi,

I''ve been using a ISIS Manual Breast Pump Traveller Style for 3 months :) So far So Good ^^ Havent used a eletrical one before. Use a warm towel and massage ur breast before pumping it'll help Usually i pump every 2 hrs ! ^^ Drink lots of water too. After baby latch pump ! ^^ Baby's the best pump !

Last edited:

~m3m~

Thanks vone. I did but my milk is very miserable. So little that it's like none at all. At first baby was still willing to latch on but only about 2-5min then he will cry and wail because too frustrated (cannot get any milk). But now my baby not willing to latch on anymore :wecry: Was told that a manual one may help, that's why asking :)

Last edited:

Vone

Don't give up ~ Initally i was jus like you very stress over my milk supply now i have an oversupply of milk. When i was doing confinement my milk supply was very little too can hardly get 30ml for one feed! Everyone kept insisting that i feed him formula which i insist not to. After latching him on i pump ! And i also make it a point to pump every 2hrs even when baby's asleep. I kept latching him on whenever he cries jus to check if he's hungry or jus let him suck for comfort. Drinking lots of fluids helps too . Have a cup of hot milo before or warm water before latching :) Drinking soups helps too especially green papaya soup with fish , take oatmeals . Don't be surprise ur body can actually produce alot of milk tat we can't see just try to win baby over let baby suck and simulate your breast. (getting hubby to massage helps too) hehe . Rest alot ! Don't be stress ^^ i'm sure it will get better ! If i can do it so can u ^^ *During the night our body seems to produce the most milk from 11pm to 3am*

Vone

hi m3m,

Could it be blocked milk ducts? Have you tried massaging it? Is it painful?
Try to win baby over. As the baby comes onto the breast, compress the breast so that the baby gets a gush of milk. If the baby doesn’t latch on, try moving him away him away from the breast and start again.

Have you try to pump when you feed the baby? For me I always latch the baby one side and pump the other side of my breast. This helps to make my brain think that I am feeding 'twins' and thus need to produce more milk. It's alot of extra work but it does help to stimulate more demand to the brain then it will produce more the next time. It really helps to increase supply.

Try latching on more, keep away your forumla milk! :D Maybe baby have cleared the milk, thats why when u pump, very little milk left. But just keep going on. It takes quite some time to build up supply. Also Don't stress urself over this too much, just pump watever u can. Stress will aso affect ur supply. :D

~m3m~

mine already on FM since birth because i do not have any milk and cannot bear to see my bb go hungry. but i did try to latch him on before he has his FM.

and for an initial start, i can only produce abt 5-10ml in total. after one month i tried to use pump but the most is also abt 20ml in total and that's the most i can ever get for the 2 months plus. after that i stopped till now because i couldn't move my hands thus could not even pump. now my bb already abt 5mths, meaning i've stopped latching him on (anyway he doesn't want anymore since he can get his milk faster using the FM in bottle) and pumping for a month, still got hope? :wecry:

justmint

Just my tots...

Since u have stopped for 3mths & your baby does not like latching on...I feel the possibility of getting supply is low...I doubt even a manual pump can help much...

~m3m~

sorry justmint. i actually stopped for about a month or slightly more. i really wish to BF my bb for as long as i can. got hope? any other way out?

~m3m~

anyone here knows if I am still able to produce milk and finally more? any other ways to get the supply? TIA.

justmint

I am not sure...my supply is also low..plus bb also doesn't want to latch on..so I stopped.

Since you have the will power to go on, i would suggest you read on the topics in this blog.
She post alot of advises on supply of BM.
Elaine's Breastfeeding Site

mummy88

Hi, heard that manual pumps are better in getting the milk flow or easier. Is that true? I know electric pumps do not work on some people and I am one of them. Why is that so? I am tempted to get a manual one but am afraid that it may not help too then it will be a waste of money. If it is true, I am thinking of getting a good conditioned 2nd manual pump to have a try (baby already a few months old, may be too late already). But, which brand? There are so many in the market. Really need urgent help from the mummies here who breastfeed their babies. Thanks.

i recently bought a manual pump used less den 5times cus milk supply nort enulf . sellin ad 20bucks . retail is 49.90 .. brand : 1st few yrs . good condition w box everitink .

mummy88

sellin off tish manual pump ad 20bucks wit postage .. brand :1st few yrs .. used less den 5times due to low milk supply .. interested call miie ad 92313283

noelle_tan

Hi
I am currently having a second baby soon.. breast fed baby for 6 months till I got preg again..
my friends and I advocate/swear by Medela Hospital electric pumps.. My friends breast feed a year..
I have am thinking of buying a latest model hence letting go of my MEDELA PUMP In STYLE Advance at $380 used 3 months..its real good!
email me if interested noelletan@hotmail.com
Keep Bfing... its good.. and saves $$$$$