Market rate for mother-in-law as babysitter

miracle25

anyone can advice wats d rate like now? I'm going back work next mth & my in-laws will be looking after my boy (by then 3 mths old) on Mon-Fri & Fri nite we will bring him back & Sunday nite bring him back to in-law's hse.

We will buy all d necessities tat my boy needs, all they need to do is to play wif him & feed him.

hpc

If u able to pay abbs at a market price,then give her the same rate.If cant afford,can give her at lest 1/2 of market rate.Day/night is ABOUT 1K.Pay her at lest she wont say look after free of charge lah.............

ling.er

Mine i just pay them $750. Come how Dec i going to due then my elder son will be placing in Child care.

hpc

Hi..
Can I know the 1k including you n your hubby dinner? O the 1k just for the babysitter?
I think MIL wont be so calculative if son n wife coming back for dinner,they will be more happy..........

miracle25

I'm tinking to giv $800, if she dun wan to take then its her problem liao.. cos my confinement we gav her $1K but she returned to us say giv bb buy his stuff.

hpc

This is a different issue,any amount u give her is ur "xin yi",if want to have dinner must let her know,so that no misunderstanding .I think the price is fine.

droplets

I gave my mum $800. She stays with me so food all on me. 1 additional month bonus in dec. nw gotten a maid to help her cos #2 coming..

Mummy73

sounds like your mother in law is not calculative if she returned you the
1k for comfinement. $800 sounds reasonable and should be ok should she choose to cook dinner for u and hubby, once in a while, take her out for dinner. I m sure she'll appreciate.

karynn

I gave my step mil 500bucks . She takecare only during office hour .. 8-7 weekend i've to tc
Myself and we provide foods and fm .

Gif

We gave her the pay she earns before that. Cos she quitter her job just to look after baby. And on top, give her the parents token and our share of food and bills.