Massage after c-sect???

elaineyeo

Hi mummies,

Does anyone here know whether can massage after c-sect? Must wait till how long then can do massage will it affect the wound when massage anot?

yyt47

HI,

yes u can go for massage after C-Sect. Preferably about 2 wks after birth.For me i will engage the massage after my checkup with my gynae to make sure the wound is ok 1st.

tika

Depending on the massage lady, most will say its ok to massage 4 weeks after csect. This is to ENSURE that the outer wound has truly healed. My massage lady from Origins Jamu Massage, Mdm Khalsom, was excellent when she massaged me 4 weeks after my csect. Now my baby is 2 months. I lost 12 kg and tummy is also alot flatter. Got to be dilligent in wearing the binder the whole day. She uses the white strip cloth binder. She'll advice you on where to get it. Its more effective than the other wide cloth binders i used b4 engaging her services.

THE SAID'S

I had c-sections for all my pregnancies and had traditional massage within a week after delivery. The massage lady advised me that women who give birth via c-section normally have a lot of 'air/wind' in the body as a result of GA. This 'air' causes a lot of muscle stiffness and body aches in the long run. Hence, by massage and eating good confinement food will restore the body's order. Although the massage was for the entire body, she will keep the c-sect area forbidden. She said that the the area is too delicate and need to heal both internally and externally. Throughout my confinement period, i put on abdominal binder which helped to support my pelvic and abdominal area.

tika

if the massage lady keeps csect area forbidden because its only 1 week after your surgery, means she did not massage your tummy? if that's the case then how did you get rid of the wind in your tummy? Did you use cloth binder or those elastic type. I was told elastic type works but is not as effective as cloth binders.

my massage lady massaged all areas, including tummy, which is why she said 4 weeks at least. And she use the cloth binder cos it stays in place and does not loosen after walking around. I notice my elastic binder tends to do just that after 2 - 3 hours no matter how tied i bind it.

elaineyeo

HI,

yes you can go for massage after C-Sect. Preferably about 2 wks after birth.For me i will engage the massage after my checkup with my gynae to make sure the wound is ok 1st.

Thanks yyt47, coz i haven told my massage lady to come 1st cos dun knw abt how long can start will check with my gynae on this coming thurs when i go to him..

elaineyeo

Depending on the massage lady, most will say its ok to massage 4 weeks after csect. This is to ENSURE that the outer wound has truly healed. My massage lady from Origins Jamu Massage, Mdm Khalsom, was excellent when she massaged me 4 weeks after my csect. Now my baby is 2 months. I lost 12 kg and tummy is also alot flatter. Got to be dilligent in wearing the binder the whole day. She uses the white strip cloth binder. She'll advice you on where to get it. Its more effective than the other wide cloth binders i used before engaging her services.

Hi tika thanks for your reply.. but some say 4weeks will be better but some told me not to take for too long if too long are hard to get rid of the wind inside the stomach. Actually i got brought the abdominal binder to protect my wound, actually how long will the wound heal? Izzit ard 6mths for overall?

elaineyeo

I had c-sections for all my pregnancies and had traditional massage within a week after delivery. The massage lady advised me that women who give birth via c-section normally have a lot of 'air/wind' in the body as a result of GA. This 'air' causes a lot of muscle stiffness and body aches in the long run. Hence, by massage and eating good confinement food will restore the body's order. Although the massage was for the entire body, she will keep the c-sect area forbidden. She said that the the area is too delicate and need to heal both internally and externally. Throughout my confinement period, i put on abdominal binder which helped to support my pelvic and abdominal area.
Hi, you mean you put on the abdominal binder will helped to support your pelvic and abdominal area ar? I also got brought 1. You put all the way but will hard to get up in bed anot if putting cos i din put sometime cos feel uncomfy sometime...

elaineyeo

if the massage lady keeps csect area forbidden because its only 1 week after your surgery, means she did not massage your tummy? if that's the case then how did you get rid of the wind in your tummy? Did you use cloth binder or those elastic type. I was told elastic type works but is not as effective as cloth binders.

my massage lady massaged all areas, including tummy, which is why she said 4 weeks at least. And she use the cloth binder cos it stays in place and does not loosen after walking around. I notice my elastic binder tends to do just that after 2 - 3 hours no matter how tied i bind it.
I will check with my massage lady when i ask for her to come. Think i will start massage after 2weeks later. Thanks for your advise.:tlaugh:

tika

I will check with my massage lady when i ask for her to come. Think i will start massage after 2weeks later. Thanks for your advise.:tlaugh:

i was asking THESAID'S actually. haha :p

But i guess you can start after 1 week but the massage lady will not touch your tummy, womb area. They will massage your legs hands upperbody and head.

For wound to heal externally, it takes about 1 -1.5 weeks. For wounds to heal internally, its 6 months.

nsync_su

A terapist cum massage lady told me few days ago tat its advisable to massage 1 month after the operation.

apple_san

Depending on the massage lady, most will say its ok to massage 4 weeks after csect. This is to ENSURE that the outer wound has truly healed. My massage lady from Origins Jamu Massage, Mdm Khalsom, was excellent when she massaged me 4 weeks after my csect. Now my baby is 2 months. I lost 12 kg and tummy is also alot flatter. Got to be dilligent in wearing the binder the whole day. She uses the white strip cloth binder. She'll advice you on where to get it. Its more effective than the other wide cloth binders i used before engaging her services.
Hi Tika,

May I know the changes of Mdm Khalsom services? How can I make the appt by?