May MTB 2008

Hi Naze,

Don't be so hard on yourself, sometimes i also lose my temper with my daughter and it could be over very trival things too! We are only human and sometimes it is inevitable that we scold them esp now that we are preg, i think we are also more hormonal too:p Sometimes like you i feel that i am a bad mother, but we scold is becos we care, it is easier to turn a blind eyes to what their mischief right! So you are a good mother!! We are all good mothers cos we care:)

Don't worry about school yet, when you are on your maternity leave, you have plenty of time to check schools out, don't stress yourself out.

We are nearing the end, and i feel that i am getting very tired and huge!! going 35 weeks already, can't wait to give birth!! Then hopefully my back won't hurt that much!! and i won't have heart burn everyday! :)

naze

Hi Smurferoos,

I find that my temper & patience is bad to worst especially now. I really feel guilty after throwing temper, shouted, beat & push her cos sometimes her attitute really get out of my nerve.

Hopefully, can find one soon.

Me tire of walking around. As for backache, cant be prevented. U mean indigestion ? Are you taking heavy meals at one shot ?

Btw, did you bf your daugther & do you intend to continue bf ?

Hi,

I know what you mean, sometimes i feel very angry and irritated too, and after i shout at her, i feel so guilty too!! being a mother is so hard hor!! Esp now, i feel that i am more hormonal and bad temper maybe becos i feel so uncomfortable!

Don't worry about the school, i am sure you will find a good one soon!!

I have heartburn, like a burning sensation in my chest, esp after i eat! sigh...and now walking is also very tiring too! my back also hurting too!!

I breastfed my daughter for 6 months and hopefully i can do the same for my son! what about you? but i express out for my daughter, i only directly feed her for 6 weeks after that i express out for her, cos i like to know how much she is drinking...i am control freak one :p

naze

Hi Smurferoos,

We are facing the same problem....sigh !!!!

Hopefully....thank you...

Are you eating alot of spicy food ? Maybe you can eat smaller meals everyday ? It helps. I started to feel backache on yesterday.

Same I also expressed breastmilk for my daughter for 6 months then I stopped. Hope this time round I can do the same for my 2nd baby.

Have you pack your hospital bag ? How heavy is your son now ? Sat, I went for my medical appointment, gynae said my girl's weight is 2.3kg.

hi,

i think most mum face the same prob with their kids and after they lose the temper, they will feel guilty, so don't be too hard on yourself!

Cos my morning sickness is back, but not that bad, so i can't really eat alot, so i also don't know why i have heartburn...sigh...

yeah, i hope i can Bf my son for 6 months, but i don't intend to give myself too much pressure, i suffer from post natal blues for a long while after i gave birth to my daughter, i only recover when my daughter starts to sleep through the night, once i have more sleep then i become more sane, so i hope to take it easy this time round!

at 32 weeks my son also 2.3 kg, good weight har, once they hit 2.5 kg, it will be safe to deliver them alreayd, i am going to my gynae tomorroe, i must tell me lately i feel some mild contractions! don't know it is it braxton hicks!

naze

Hi,

Ok, think this is part and parcel of being a mother.

Maybe your baby is near your stomach area, that's why you'll have heartburn.

Me 2, this time round if I can, I will bf my DD for 6 months.

I thought once they hit 2kg, is safe to deliver them ? think is braxton hicks, me can feel my baby at times is low, pressing lower part of my body & braxton hick for a second.

Update me your checkup.

hi hi,

just came back from Gynae, so far i put on 9.5kg and my baby is already 3kg!!! i am shocked!! My son is quite big! hopefully can deliver him naturally!

And doc says baby alreayd facing down in position already, he will see me in 2 weeks time, but he says if i should have any contractions i should just go it, cos my first baby is 2 weeks early, and usually 2nd one will be slightly earlier!! So i am quite excited!! Looks like anytime now!

Do you take coconut water? I am drinking alot now!! :p I love it!! yum yum!!

Will you be going for post natal massage? i will be! the other time after 2 sessions i can wear my jeans alreayd, hopefully this time round also the same!! :) i think i am very vain :p

naze

Halo,

Is consider big, dont worry as this is 2nd delivery, should be fast & easier.

My baby also facing down but side way near my right thigh. It's not Braxton Hicks ? Is contraction already ? How do we know if is real contraction ?

Me havent start drinking, when is the time to start drinking ? Am I too early to drink ? When I pregnant with my elder, gynae didnt advised me to drink cos I had v infection. Did u eat the coconut fresh ? Where did you buy coconut ?

Last time I didnt but this time round, I will be going, heard my friend told me. Second pregnancy, tummy is more difficult to slim down.

Have you got your admission letter from your gynae ? He still havent give to me, dont know why this time so slow ?

Last edited:
Hi,

Hopefully like what you say, i will have a quick delivery!

I started drinking coconut juice once i hit 34 weeks! I just buy the coconut from the market, they sell it there! i just drink the juice, i am not really into the coconut flesh! Have been drinking once a week, i thnk once i hit 36 weeks i will drink twice weekly!!

I think if real contractions the pain won't go away even if you change position, and the pain more regular! but if braxton hicks, it is less regular and if you change position the pain should go away!!

My massage lady very good, hopefully this time round, i can slim down asap too!! :)

KKH doesn't need admission letter one, once pain, just go to delivery suite there, and they will settle it there and then.

but now anytime can give birth, i am really quite scare too!!

naze

Hi,

Dont worry, we have each other support !

Thank you, I will start drinking next week.

Ok, thank you, will take note of it.

Is your massage lady Malay ? How much she charge you ? My neighbour recommended $65 per session. Mother, shower for baby & massage for baby.

Last time I was given admission letter but now still havent give, maybe now is paperless.

Me also scare, scare of the labout pain as we dont want to opt for epidural.

Hi hi,

My massage lady charge me about $65 too per session, she is very good and effective. but she only massage mummy, she doesn't do baby.

Last night i dreamt of labour, and in the dream, i can't take the pain anymore so i opted for epidural...so real the dream! I think maybe i will deliver soon already...:)

My main worry is still my daughter, who will look after her when i am in the hospital...sigh...

naze

Hi,

Oh ok.

I dreamt on Wed I have given birth my baby, hubby carried her. She smiled to me & she has a dimple.

Is it ? So real !!! can pm your hp number so we can keep each other up our status ?

Is she alrite with your Mom alone ?

Now is my turn to feel indigestion.

Hi,

Just PM you my contact no. Must try to keep in touch ok.

Last night i have mild contractions, so i think anytime soon i will be ready to give birth.

My daughter loves my mum but since i got preg, she doesn't want to my mum so it is just me and i am the only one who makes her sleep every night.

Indigestion is really horrible!! I know...take care...

naze

Hi,

I received it. Thank you.

Huh ? R u ready for another fighting battle ? Me feels scare when think of it.

Me also scare my daughter doesnt want to sleep with my Mom & maid in their room when I am in hospital. Will your daugther be sleeping with you even after you deliver your baby ? I find very tiring handling both, any suggestions ?

Yes, this made me eat irregular hours...

Hi,

I am ready for the battle, in fact i am really looking forward to seeing my son! Yep, the contractions more frequent and the tightening also more frequent, so hopefully can give birth now!! i am finally 36 weeks!! yeah!!!

My daughter has been sleeping in her own room since birth, but i still have to make her sleep, after that i will monitor her through baby monitor through the night. So in that sense it;s ok, so i am just worried who will make her sleep at night...this is the battle i am afraid of!

but the chaos of another baby is really quite scary!! i also don't know how to handle, i think things will settle naturally i hope....

piggy_mummy

smurferoos,

me also 36 weeks today..my gynae said if giving birth at week 37 is safe liao..actually me very "mao dun", wana give birth early, so that can c my son early, but hope he can gain more weight inside..

actually i don know the feeling of contraction leh, so far i only got a "suan suan " feeling at my vagina area n left thigh..next week appt c gynae liao..

Hi Piggy Mummy,

I know what you mean, i am 36+ weeks now, and i am looking forward to giving birth, i try all ways to induce birth already, chilli lah, walk...etc, but stil can't, as i said this will be the last preg, so as much as i want to give birth, i 'sorta' miss it! :p My baby is big at 3kg at 35 weeks, so doc says it is safe to give birth already!

yeah, i have tightening across my tummy, and the contractions like menstrual cramps that start from my back! hopefully can give birth soon! Yep my appointment is next week too...good luck!!!

naze

Hi,

I am ready for the battle, in fact i am really looking forward to seeing my son! Yep, the contractions more frequent and the tightening also more frequent, so hopefully can give birth now!! i am finally 36 weeks!! yeah!!!

My daughter has been sleeping in her own room since birth, but i still have to make her sleep, after that i will monitor her through baby monitor through the night. So in that sense it;s ok, so i am just worried who will make her sleep at night...this is the battle i am afraid of!

but the chaos of another baby is really quite scary!! i also don't know how to handle, i think things will settle naturally i hope....
Hi,

Peifu u. Me still dont dare to think...let natural pain takes its course...

Ic. Dont worry, she'll understand you go hospital to give birth didi. Dont forget the kids are smarter than we expect.

Is your daugther very cranky & naughty especially now you are going to deliver your son ? My mom complained, my daugther is very very naughty & cranky till she cant stand her....so sad !!!

I went gynae on Tues cos there was quite alot of discharge, scare is water bag burst. Gynae did swap test for me & ask me to wait for result, see if it is infection as there is no sign of water bag burst. My appt is next Fri.

Last edited:
Hi Naze,

Not that i am brave, i am actually very scared of labour pain, but since we need to go through it, just get it over and done with :p hahaha

I know my daughter will cry for sure when i am not around, but i guess she will just want to endure for 2-3 days!!

Yes, i know what you mean, now that i can ready to give birth anytime, my daughter also very cranky, she start crying in school again and afraid that i won't pick her up etc, but she is also trying to play and be close to my mum again!! So i don't know, but all her teachers said, when you are nearing your due date, your first child will know and wil act up...so it is normal for your daughter to behave the way she is now...but hard on your mother!

Don't worry, i am sure everything wil turn out fine!! For me my gynae appt is next wed, cna't wait for him to tell me that i am dilated and can give birth immediately!! hahaha...Take care...

naze

Hi Smurferoos,

Thanks for your encouragement. Let's do it together once and for all.

Your daugther will do fine cos she will be visiting you in hospital on the first day, show her, her didi & she will understand. Me also worry if my daugther can do w/o me & hubby at home for the hospital stay.

Hope both our elder daugthers will get better after we deliver our babies.

Next week, will scout for playgroup classes for my daugther.

Keep each other updated. Take care & enjoy your weekend !