Measuring quantity of leafy vegetables

snowbear

Hi mummies, I was just wondering how to measure the quantity of leafy vegetables for my darling coz I read that my dd needs to eat at least 3-4tablespoons of vegetables per meal. It's easy to measure vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower but I just dunno how to measure the quantity of leafy vegetables becoz they 'wither' so much when cooked and 'shrink' to a pathetic amount though it looked like a lot before cooking. I dun wanna end up giving my dd too little spinach so I was wondering how the quantity of leafy veggies is determined. Thanks! :)

annie

after cook, chooped then measure with tablespoon as usual lor. yah they wilter alot. take the measurement after cooked. i always give jumpy this amt of spinach. alicia haven taken spinach yet??

snowbear

Thanks! That's what I used to do but I wasn't so particular about the qty in the past so just chking if i'm doing it right... Anyway, she hasn't agreed to take spinach for the longest time! But she agreed to eat some today... hopefully she can keep it up. Her current craze is broccoli. :D

Last edited:

annie

lol fickle babies! i always mix jumpy's veg into her porridge(not giving it seperately) thus dunno if she likes them or hates them hee. as long as the taste isnt overwhelming, i think she is ok