Medela calma teats

hi all,

i hv latching my baby but sometimes I will pump out and feed my baby, but I realized tat the medela calma teat is too hard..n everytime my baby tried to suck the milk from the teat, the milk ll overflow n flow to his neck n shirt, making it v messy..my baby neck is oso abit reddish, seems lik the milk has affected his neck, making me worried..any mummies experienced the same and got any advice on how to get baby to suck better?or shd I juz change a teat which will enable my baby to drink from the bottle?but I m worried if I change another teat, my baby won't want to latch back to my breast..

Qookie

I heard from a nurse friend that NUK teats are very good for combined BFing, as it's the most similar to a mum's nipple.

Don't know about it though. We've always used Philips Avent and that works for us.

Hi Qookie, u using Avent for combined breastfeeding? Ur baby know how to latch back after using Avent teat?

Hi lavenderly, u got any teat brands to recommend?

choosing a teats need alot of trial and error in order to find the suitable one for yr baby. every baby is different, so u might need to start and try.

personally tried nuk latex, nuk silicon, medela. end up my boy accept nuk latex better.

u can try other option like tommee tippee, avent also havr one type that mimic mother's nipple if i am not wrong

Qookie

Unfortunately, i didn't BF much, because after being admitted back to the hospital for a couple of days for jaundice, my baby didn't quite like latching on anymore. So i expressed.

firssue

hi,

I am using medela calma teat as well. Initially, my baby refused to suck on it as it is hard but after a few tries, he is ok with it now. As for overflowing, it happen to my baby too in the first few weeks as he didn't swallow fast enough. Now (week 7), he is fine with it.