Medication for flu/cough/sore throat while breast feeding

milkshake

Hi

I saw the doc today and I have flu cough and sore throat. Told the doc that I'm also on exclusive breast feeding.

The doc prescribed the following, can anyone tell me if they have taken before?

Actifed cough syrup - pink color
MAC lozenges
chlorpheniramine - flu tablet

The doc said the flu med may pass over in milk but very minimal amounts n some baboes maybe sleepy. I'm still worried if I should take but my flu n the rest isn't getting any better. Pls advice. TIA

malibu

I only took the flu and cough med after the last breast feeding if not both med will made me very stone and very tired to look after baby, try to take some vit c to built up your immunity and drink alot of warm water. Take good care and hope you get well soon ya.

mskyliee

All r safe to be taken during pregnancy and breast feeding... if u r worried, maybe stop feeding baby ur bm,replaced with fm for a few days but still continue to pump out ur milk, to prevent supply for dropping. But I guess these med are okay... gotta take care of ur body... if u r still sick, not good for baby also

mskyliee

Nope. Only took paracetamol for fever... I work in clinic, so roughly I know which Med is OK... the doc should know what can be eaten and what cannot... u should trust the doc.. if u r worried, go for second opinion... or u try googling?